Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinsetter No Cycle

Have an interesting problem...I had to fix a wire coming out of the CN5 cannon plug receptacle on one of my machines, and I noticed that I no longer have cycle functions from the back end button, ball return button, or triggering when a ball is thrown. For the life of me I don't know if this is related to the wire I just fixed (it had broken off the receptacle). I tried swapping a time delay module, I have the universal trigger PC board assembly, but it did not solve it. Looking for suggestions, not the most electrically tech savvy so you are aware. The only reason I can think there is a connection is that before I found the wire in the control box, I remember accidentally hitting the back end reset and heard it click. Now I do not have anything. Not at the center now, but will be back there tomorrow. Thanks in advance. Only other thought is to have a service come in, don't want to pay the crazy $$ if I can avoid it!!
    Tony Strublic, Center Bowl, The Bowling Store Pro Shop
    A/2's w/QAMF BES & MMS

CN5 is the masking unit plug.
    That should only be 1st and 2nd lights and a switch on the mask.

Only thing I can think of is there is a wire nut/crimped set of wires in the box on the low voltage side.
    One goes to the ball rack plug CN2, one to rear reset, and one to TDM terminal 17.
    This is all reset button related.

Comment

Wookie8662, I looked at the wiring diagram for the box and found that CN5 is for the masking unit switch, which made me wonder why there would now be this cycling issue. I didn't think they were related, but I will look for those other wires.
      A/2's w/QAMF BES & MMS

Comment

Well, found the problem, and I'm not sure why this was the way it was. On the time delay PC board, the wire that was supposed to be on terminal 13 was on 15. On my other machines, 15 is open and 13 is used. I was out of town when this happened and I think the former owner might have tried to play with it. That's the only thing I can think of. I did not change that wire that way, and no one else knows anything about the control boxes, so you never know. Bottom line, machine is functioning normally. Whew!
        A/2's w/QAMF BES & MMS

Comment

Terminal 15 is supposed to be connected to the 2nd ball light circuit. Without it you will always have a delay on first and second ball if you are in fact using the time delay for its original purpose.
          Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
          Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
          Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
          Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Kanga, with our QubicaAMF scoring we are not using the time delay PC the original way. In fact, I've been told we don't really need that board in there anymore, and we could be switched back to the original TD modules. Funny thing is, all the other PC board were not using 15 except this one was. I don't know, just a weird thing here.
            A/2's w/QAMF BES & MMS

Comment

Yes you could convert to a relay to replace the TDM so it would save troubleshooting TDM issues. I just find it odd they chose to eliminate the 2nd ball delay when all the scoring is doing is essentially hitting the reset button for each cycle. Perhaps they pickup from that wire to let the scoring know what cycle the pinsetter is on. Comescore does something similar but they splice into the circuit at the mask molex.
              Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Originally posted by Kanga (James) View Post
                Yes you could convert to a relay to replace the TDM so it would save troubleshooting TDM issues. I just find it odd they chose to eliminate the 2nd ball delay when all the scoring is doing is essentially hitting the reset button for each cycle. Perhaps they pickup from that wire to let the scoring know what cycle the pinsetter is on. Comescore does something similar but they splice into the circuit at the mask molex.
                Qubica bypasses the time delay module by hooking its cycle signal to the same connections as the bowlers and rear reset buttons. Then Qubica sets time delay by computing ball speed (two ball sensors per lane), voltage or no voltage coming from the second ball light circuit, and user input typed in at the front desk.

Comment

Originally posted by mr.badwrench View Post

Qubica bypasses the time delay module by hooking its cycle signal to the same connections as the bowlers and rear reset buttons. Then Qubica sets time delay by computing ball speed (two ball sensors per lane), voltage or no voltage coming from the second ball light circuit, and user input typed in at the front desk.
                  Basically the same as Comscore Duo. The only difference is the 2nd ball input is used for frame sync. Delay is calculated by a single ball detector.
                  Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Originally posted by Kanga (James) View Post

Basically the same as Comscore Duo. The only difference is the 2nd ball input is used for frame sync. Delay is calculated by a single ball detector.
                    Qubica does that too. If an inexperienced pinchaser pulls the holding hook too high and knocks the second ball light switch out of adjustment Qubica will cycle but not score on first ball as it attempts to synchronize. The scoring can be programmed to ignore the second ball signal and I have advised that as a troubleshooting measure sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by mr.badwrench View Post

Qubica does that too. If an inexperienced pinchaser pulls the holding hook too high and knocks the second ball light switch out of adjustment Qubica will cycle but not score on first ball as it attempts to synchronize. The scoring can be programmed to ignore the second ball signal and I have advised that as a troubleshooting measure sometimes.
                      I found some regulars that would take advantage of frame sync by cycling the machine on their second shot and re-bowling. Comscore overwrites the first ball and allows them to bowl another 2nd ball. Unbelievable what people do just for a freebie...
                      Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse