Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "B" Moving Deck Shaft Repair

Have a moving deck lift shaft the bazooka mount plate has bent. The owner straightened it quite a while ago, now noticed the rake pull rod was hitting the bottom of the bazooka, turned the rod, closer inspection the 4:1 taps it too. Any luck putting it in a press to straighten it, then weld some side plates to reinforce it? Would like to save the 5 C-note new part cost. (The 2 C-note used babys have all left the nurseries checked).

How far from the mounting hole does the bend start?
    Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
    Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
    Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
    Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Will measure it up when get to that center, next couple of nights. Thanks.

Comment

What is a "Bazooka Plate?"
        Everything has to be Somewhere !!

Comment

I'm guessing these are Jap A2's?

Seen plenty of bowed A2 lift shafts but never the mounting leg. Elongated mounting holes but never a bow or bend.

Comment

I believe he is referring to the plate that is part of the lift shaft that comes up to the spring tube circled in the pics below. I've never seen one bend so you might want to check if something is hindering free movement. All I can say is try it and see what happens. A plate sistered to it should make it stronger.
            Attached Files

Comment

I would also try some of the part distributers ... Schemm Bowling may have them and the prices on used equipment is more reasonable. Some of the later manufactured steel is somewhat questionable. I have seen a number of failures on my Japanese machines that never occurred on my old 1957 Green Monsters. The early Japanese bearings were not very good either. Had a number of failures on them when Brunswick began supplying them. Quit buying them and went to a local bearing house to buy American bearings. I wouldn't be surprised if we see the same thing with Chinese steel and bearings.
              Everything has to be Somewhere !!

Comment

The reason i ask about how far from the hole the bend is is because if the bend starts at the hole you can perform Lonnie's mod by cutting the tip off at the bottom of the hole http://www.bowltech.com/forum/pinset...t-modification

If it's lower I'd be inclined to straighten it and weld a support brace.

If however you can obtain a used one I would go that route as has been suggested.
                Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
                Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
                Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
                Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

If the hole is bad or you break it near the hole you can buy a Zot kit instead of welding if you want.

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse