Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What caused this worn pin

Collapse

Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What caused this worn pin

    Recently overhauled some different assemblies and I came across this pin. It was still in use but what surprised me was the location of the pin and the component that caused the wear.

    Anyone want to have a guess where this pin is located and what caused the wear?

    20180828_142921.jpg

  • #2
    I have seen this before...Old style 180 link and the wrong pin. It should be the pin with the groove in it.
    let me be myself

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by billman View Post
      I have seen this before...Old style 180 link and the wrong pin. It should be the pin with the groove in it.
      Close Bill, but no? Not that one mate.

      Comment


      • #4
        Pin detector link to actuator.
        Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
        Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
        Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
        Kegel C.A.T.S

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Kanga (James) View Post
          Pin detector link to actuator.
          Correct. Lucky guess? or have you seen this before?

          I've now done 12 pin detecting links at this centre and this is the first pin that I have found with significant wear. Coincidentally, it was also the first link that I found that had the inner spring greased. The grease had gone hard and I had to actually get a pair of pliers and pull the spring from the link. I reckon only 1/2 to a 1/3 of the spring was actually working, the rest was frozen with grease.

          Comment


          • #6
            I've seen this type of wear in the center that I'm currently at in the upper and lower control links for the deck holding hook. Scary to think that this stuff is actually still working
            If its still broken, guess it wasnt in the parts budget.

            Z

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Headpin View Post

              Correct. Lucky guess? or have you seen this before?

              I've now done 12 pin detecting links at this centre and this is the first pin that I have found with significant wear. Coincidentally, it was also the first link that I found that had the inner spring greased. The grease had gone hard and I had to actually get a pair of pliers and pull the spring from the link. I reckon only 1/2 to a 1/3 of the spring was actually working, the rest was frozen with grease.
              Yup. Not many though.
              Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
              Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
              Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
              Kegel C.A.T.S

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by zbowl View Post
                I've seen this type of wear in the center that I'm currently at in the upper and lower control links for the deck holding hook. Scary to think that this stuff is actually still working
                Yeh, I've seen similiar wear on those pins but it's not caused by the spring, its the tube that leaves a mark on the pin.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Kanga (James) View Post

                  Yup. Not many though.
                  I didn't mention it previously but when I pulled tje pin out there was the center of another pin sitting on top of the spring. Nevet teally considered this as a high wear point. You never stop learning hey.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Headpin View Post

                    I didn't mention it previously but when I pulled tje pin out there was the center of another pin sitting on top of the spring. Nevet teally considered this as a high wear point. You never stop learning hey.
                    True dat, so true.
                    Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
                    Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
                    Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
                    Kegel C.A.T.S

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Where is this thing? In here ??? Pin Detector C.jpg


                      Or Here ??? Detector Rod Bracket.jpg Which is the Detector Rod Bracket Pin ??

                      ALL Files Scanned with MALWAREBYTES PREMIUM Version 3.5.1.2522 and AVAST INTERNET SECURITY Version 18.4.2338
                      Everything has to be Somewhere !!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        It connects the rear of the pin detector link to the bottom of the GB clutch actuator.
                        Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
                        Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
                        Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
                        Kegel C.A.T.S

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          let me be myself

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Duhh I finally got it. Thanks. My head hurts!
                            Everything has to be Somewhere !!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I used to see that all the time on Japanese pinsetters.
                              Not so much anymore on the older American machines.

                              Comment

                              Topic Starter RibbonScript

                              Collapse

                              Adsense Classic 2

                              Collapse

                              Related Topics

                              Collapse

                               

                              Oil in gutters

                              I have a Kustodian ion Lane machine. I have recently replaced the oil tip assembly and hose. Recently I have been noticing about every couple feet in the gutters I am getting...
                               

                              C1 Pinout drawing

                              Finished the C1 drawing.

                              The base for this came from a drawing made by Felix dated 2006.

                              Thanks Felix.




                              If you see any...
                               

                              CCD Processor Move by Masternut

                              These are pictures submitted by "MASTERNUT" of a project in his bowling center where he moved his CCD processor boards from the location on the capping to the curtain...
                              Working...
                              X