Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What caused this worn pin

Recently overhauled some different assemblies and I came across this pin. It was still in use but what surprised me was the location of the pin and the component that caused the wear.

Anyone want to have a guess where this pin is located and what caused the wear?

20180828_142921.jpg

I have seen this before...Old style 180 link and the wrong pin. It should be the pin with the groove in it.
    let me be myself

Comment

Originally posted by billman View Post
      I have seen this before...Old style 180 link and the wrong pin. It should be the pin with the groove in it.
      Close Bill, but no? Not that one mate.

Comment

Pin detector link to actuator.
        Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
        Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
        Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
        Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Originally posted by Kanga (James) View Post
          Pin detector link to actuator.
          Correct. Lucky guess? or have you seen this before?

I've now done 12 pin detecting links at this centre and this is the first pin that I have found with significant wear. Coincidentally, it was also the first link that I found that had the inner spring greased. The grease had gone hard and I had to actually get a pair of pliers and pull the spring from the link. I reckon only 1/2 to a 1/3 of the spring was actually working, the rest was frozen with grease.

Comment

I've seen this type of wear in the center that I'm currently at in the upper and lower control links for the deck holding hook. Scary to think that this stuff is actually still working
            If its still broken, guess it wasnt in the parts budget.

Z

Comment

Originally posted by Headpin View Post

Correct. Lucky guess? or have you seen this before?

I've now done 12 pin detecting links at this centre and this is the first pin that I have found with significant wear. Coincidentally, it was also the first link that I found that had the inner spring greased. The grease had gone hard and I had to actually get a pair of pliers and pull the spring from the link. I reckon only 1/2 to a 1/3 of the spring was actually working, the rest was frozen with grease.
              Yup. Not many though.
              Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Originally posted by zbowl View Post
                I've seen this type of wear in the center that I'm currently at in the upper and lower control links for the deck holding hook. Scary to think that this stuff is actually still working
                Yeh, I've seen similiar wear on those pins but it's not caused by the spring, its the tube that leaves a mark on the pin.

Comment

Originally posted by Kanga (James) View Post

Yup. Not many though.
                  I didn't mention it previously but when I pulled tje pin out there was the center of another pin sitting on top of the spring. Nevet teally considered this as a high wear point. You never stop learning hey.

Comment

Originally posted by Headpin View Post

I didn't mention it previously but when I pulled tje pin out there was the center of another pin sitting on top of the spring. Nevet teally considered this as a high wear point. You never stop learning hey.
                    True dat, so true.
                    Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Where is this thing? In here ??? Pin Detector C.jpg

Or Here ??? Detector Rod Bracket.jpg Which is the Detector Rod Bracket Pin ??

ALL Files Scanned with MALWAREBYTES PREMIUM Version 3.5.1.2522 and AVAST INTERNET SECURITY Version 18.4.2338
                      Everything has to be Somewhere !!

Comment

It connects the rear of the pin detector link to the bottom of the GB clutch actuator.
                        Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

let me be myself

Comment

Duhh I finally got it. Thanks. My head hurts!
                            Everything has to be Somewhere !!

Comment

I used to see that all the time on Japanese pinsetters.
                              Not so much anymore on the older American machines.

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse