Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Preventative Maintenance - Brunswick Jets, A2 - Gum Rubber Ball Rod Cover Install

Collapse

Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preventative Maintenance - Brunswick Jets, A2 - Gum Rubber Ball Rod Cover Install

The other day I helped a friend at another center install some of the Tan Gum Rubber Covers. Ouch !!! These went on with a battle. Ended up using 45 #s rather than the usual 35 #s. They then went on without too much trouble. It appears that this batch of cover had an inside ID that was much smaller than the older previous Tan Covers. I had put some on at another friend’s center a while ago, but that batch was older and went on very easily at 35 #s. I understand, that Brunswick may be including future shipments with a "Wire Ease" lubricant as folks are having so much trouble getting them on. There is a rumor that Brunswick may be using different vendor for this later batch and hence the smaller ID. I shared my original post with Brunswick Tech Center today: Preventative Maintenance - Brunswick Jets, A2 - Ball Rod Cover Install

I still am leaning towards using the Gray AP Covers... IMO

Everything has to be Somewhere !!

I have a funny story about installing a rod cover.

Just recently I set off the shop smoke alarm using baby powder and air to install some covers. The smoke detector in the workshop was added about 6 months ago. We're in a shopping centre so that alarm is linked to the centres alarm panel which then calls the fire department. When that happens you're up for a $700 ish call out fee.

The workbench is directly under the detector which was perfectly lined up with the path of the compressed air and powder when I was starting the cover on the rods. I've never bothered to think about how a smoke detector works so I had no idea the powder was capable of setting it off (I do now )

Luckily for me they were already in the centre having lunch. In the end they waved the fee. Since then the smoke detector in the shop was replaced with a heat detector.
    Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
    Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
    Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
    Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Yes... but I imagine you set that heat detector off also once you begin to work at you feverish pace !!! LOL
      Everything has to be Somewhere !!

Comment

Originally posted by mickeygm View Post
        Yes... but I imagine you set that heat detector off also once you begin to work at you feverish pace !!! LOL
        Lol, hopefully not. I was told I'd virtually have to put a tighter up to it to false trip it.

I should've pulled the security footage in the shop to see how fast I ran to call security to tell them it was a false alarm.
        Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
        Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
        Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
        Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse