Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cross Conveyor Belt Question

I have kind of an odd problem. When the pins are going up the cross conveyor, they slow down after they hit the lock when start to drop. The turret is in the proper position and the lock is not engaged. The belts are relatively new. But the pins shoot up like normal on the entire cross conveyor until they hit the top of it.

Anyone have any ideas or can explain why this could be happening?

New belts will do that. They need to be worked and scuffed up a bit through normal wear and tear.
    You can hasten this process up by gluing a piece of 120 sandpaper to an old pin where it contacts the belts. Lock the pingate and leave the machine running with the sandpapered pin in the cross conveyor.

Comment

Need to order ebn belts. Brunswick screwed them up again like other parts
      The older the part, the STRONGER it is.

Comment

Gates used to manufacture cross conveyor belts for Brunswick. I don't know if that is the case now. I purchase all my belts through a local supplier at a fraction of the Brunswick price.
        Regardless of supplier, it's not uncommon for pins to slip on new cross conveyor belts.

Comment

Since we've been using Current we've noticed an increase of CC and ball return problems. Since we dropped back to 40ul the problems have all but gone.
          Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
          Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
          Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
          Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Check your pins to see if they look like they have excess oil or dirt on them. If you have dirty pit carpets or covers they can leave a thin coat of oil on the pins that can cause this also. You could also have a gearbox leaking causing the pan to overflow onto the pit carpet.

Comment

Make sure the proper light weight spring is on the pin gate. If you are still using the steel pin gate strap make sure the roll pin doesn't have a trench worn in it. Both these conditions can cause the pin to ramp up the gate and loose traction instead of pushing the gate down. New belts have a release oil on them from manufacturing. I always spray a good water based degreaser on a rag and hold it to each belt with the machine running. Then flip the rag over and dry the belt. The rag is usually black where it ran on the belt.

Comment

Originally posted by Headpin View Post
                Gates used to manufacture cross conveyor belts for Brunswick. I don't know if that is the case now. I purchase all my belts through a local supplier at a fraction of the Brunswick price.
                Regardless of supplier, it's not uncommon for pins to slip on new cross conveyor belts.
                You got a pic or a link to purchase those belts locally? I’d like to see what they look like.
                The older the part, the STRONGER it is.

Comment

They are identical to the belts you get from any bowling parts supplier. I can give you a link but it won't help you as I'm on the other side of the world.
                  Gates manufacture the cross conveyor belts for Brunswick. Unless there is some sort of exclusive contract in the states. Simply contact your local belt supplier or Gates rep and show them a cross conveyor belt. I'm sure they can source it for you.

Hope that helps.

Comment

I tried getting them from a belts supplier about 10 years ago and they told me I can no longer get them from them. They believed it was Brunswick's doing. That's all I know, but don't quote me.
                    Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

New belts need a brake in.

Comment

I replaced 8 different sets of cross conveyor belts but that is the only one it does it on.

Comment

Originally posted by czokal View Post
                          I replaced 8 different sets of cross conveyor belts but that is the only one it does it on.
                          Then I'd be looking at the pin gate strap and roll pin as suggested and ensure you have the correct gate spring installed. It also won't hurt to do the sand paper trick Headpin suggested. That's a standard thing I do to new belts regardless.
                          Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Originally posted by Kanga (James) View Post
                            I tried getting them from a belts supplier about 10 years ago and they told me I can no longer get them from them. They believed it was Brunswick's doing. That's all I know, but don't quote me.
                            Originally posted by Kanga (James) View Post
                            It's been at least 15 years since I last ordered the belts locally. You maybe right, and they can no longer supply. I will check next time I'm at the bowl.

Comment

You quoted me...
                              Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse