Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Issues

Good Morning Everyone.
    I am not keen on the electrical of an A-2 yet, but I do have electrical experience.
    I have one lane, which is this does not happen all of the time, but quite frequently.
    After a game is finished and the scorer is turned off, the lane remains powered. In order to shut the lane off, I have to go behind the machine and flip the manual switch on and off a few times in order for it to power down. It also does the same thing where I can power it on and off a few times from the counter controller a few times before it shuts off.
    I have absolutely no idea where to start looking in order to fix this kind of issue. It's just an inconvenience issue at this point. Any ideas will help.

Sticky motor start relay.

Comment

Could it really be that simple? haha

Comment

That would be my bet as well
        Mike Wilson
        Bowl-Tech Inc.

Comment

Alright, well i'll change that out as soon as these people are done bowling on it and see if it works.

Comment

Agreed. If it's not fixed/replaced soon it'll only take one deck jam to cause some serious damage.

Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
            Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
            Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
            Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Originally posted by Kanga (James) View Post
              Agreed. If it's not fixed/replaced soon it'll only take one deck jam to cause some serious damage.
              Is that one of your babies, James.

Changed a couple of entire turret frames due to jams. Even with an entire assembly ready to go, not something I'd want to do on a regular basis.

Comment

No, this one just happened in Dubbo. I'm cleaning up a spare as we speak.Going there Thursday to replace it. Got some parts just recently before Heritage Bay dumped the 6 or so machines they had. Luck timing I guess. I'll be drilling them on the switch testing for sure.
                Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
                Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
                Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
                Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

If you have the original "old Style "relays there is an easy test. With the Main Breaker OFF & the power plug disconnected, press down on the Front part of the Relay, (GREEN ARROW), and gently release it. If the contacts stay and stick closed, the Spring at the back of the relay is NOT doing its job to Open the relay. Theses springs become weak over time. Take a needle nose pliers and bend the spring Tab down at the rear of the relay, (RED ARROW). The contacts should now snap open when you do the test again. If you can't bend the tab down far enough, shim up the relay with washers under the mounting screw until you can bend the tab enough to get a good clean quick opening of the relay contacts. Check these regularly, you may have to re-bend the tab again in another 10 - 15 years, LOL

ALL Files Scanned with MALWAREBYTES PREMIUM Version 3.6.1.2711 and AVAST INTERNET SECURITY Version 18.6.2349

Relay 2.jpg
                  Everything has to be Somewhere !!

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse