Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shotgun problems

Ok guy maybe y'all can help me out.... I have two lanes that one the rake drops really slowly when tripped by the shotgun but drops the rest of the way when lane actually cycles. This was causing scoring issues so we disconnected the triggering all together. The other lane drops way to fast and I'm assuming that it is just a shock absorber worn out.

Slow rake drops are usually from a bind in the pit cushion linkage or some other bind associated with the linkage between the rake and cushion.

Consistantly fast dropping rakes are a sign of a dead shock.
    Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
    Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
    Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
    Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Yep. Agree with James. It doesn't take much resistance in the associated linkages to interfere with the rake dropping.
      Not a big fan of the quick drop rake.....seems to me that the cost of maintaining them isn't really worth it.

We had 20 lanes of ZOT quick drop kits on our A models. All gone now.......PITA!

Comment

Originally posted by Headpin View Post
        Yep. Agree with James. It doesn't take much resistance in the associated linkages to interfere with the rake dropping.
        Not a big fan of the quick drop rake.....seems to me that the cost of maintaining them isn't really worth it.

We had 20 lanes of ZOT quick drop kits on our A models. All gone now.......PITA!
        Not me, love em. I made disposable wiring harnesses and added cut out mercury switches which has greatly reduced failures. Repairing the boards isn't that bad once you know what goes bad.
        Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

We love them due to the high volume of open play. When the lane is off and they throw a ball down the rake drops so they can not continue to throw balls. Nothing I hate more than coming in and having 15 balls in a lane. However the same problem can be solved with proper training in the front.

Comment

If your pit linkage checks out ok on the machine that's dropping the rake slowly you could have a bad shock there too. I have seen them drop fast and real slow when they're defective.

Comment

Originally posted by Kanga (James) View Post

Not me, love em. I made disposable wiring harnesses and added cut out mercury switches which has greatly reduced failures. Repairing the boards isn't that bad once you know what goes bad.
              ?? Do "quick drop rakes" have electronic components? I never heard of em.

Comment

Originally posted by MStakes View Post

?? Do "quick drop rakes" have electronic components? I never heard of em.

Well the OEM rake trip mech don't but ZOT have an add on (what we have) and an upgrade (from memory a complete rake trip mech for A's that had the link) that ties into ZOT's light ball sensor kits and TDM. I prefer this because it limits deadwood when a light ball is thrown.
                Well the OEM rake trip mech doesn't but ZOT have an add on (what we have) and an upgrade (from memory a complete rake trip mech for A's that had the link) that ties into ZOT's light ball sensor kits and TDM. I prefer this because it limits deadwood when a light ball is thrown.
                Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Originally posted by Kanga (James) View Post

Well the OEM rake trip mech doesn't but ZOT have an add on (what we have) and an upgrade (from memory a complete rake trip mech for A's that had the link) that ties into ZOT's light ball sensor kits and TDM. I prefer this because it limits deadwood when a light ball is thrown.
                  Would I be correct to assume your machines are triggered by the rakeshaft switch inside the electrical box?

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse