Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timing marks

Has anyone ever seen a 4-1 gear that doesn't have a timing mark for lining it up with the 2-1?
    If you think my girlfriend can fight, you should see her box!

Nope, never.

Is this from a machine in service or a spare part?

Comment

I have never seen a gear without the timing mark(s).

I have seen the 4-1 gear installed backwards before.
      I wont say who installed it that way. XD

Comment

Guy in another center asking for help. Had a blown 2-1 and tried to change it. Claimed there was no mark on the 4-1. A machines.

Comment

I did have one on the 3000 machines that did not have the marks. I would always paint the gear markings with usually a yellow for the double marks and white or red for the single mark to make them easier to see on reassembly. There were a number of odd things on these machines, worst one was the holes for the clutch worm shaft bearing retainer plate were machined about 1/8" off IN the Gearbox. I brought in a machine shop. They machined a new retainer plate, used transfer pins to accurately mark the proper position of the holes, then machined the retainer plate with the "Offset" holes and case hardened it. The oil seal was now centered properly around the spacer and the deluge of leaking oil stopped. The guy before me had made the holes oblong to make it work somewhat but this cured the problem completely.
          Everything has to be Somewhere !!

Comment

Perhaps the gearbox was not at zero degrees when 2:1 was pulled.
            There is light at the end of the tunnel - just be sure it is not a train.

Comment

God only knows. I know it has to be out of time now because he tells me it is shifting at the wrong point. I'm going to stop by and give him a hand. My concern was if the gear is missing its timing mark.

Comment

I'm towards its a spare unit with gear on backwards.

Comment

Jack -Sparrow, What did you find with the timing marks ?
                  There is light at the end of the tunnel - just be sure it is not a train.

Comment

The mark was there right where it is supposed to be. Got it back together. It runs but the machine sure needs a lot of adjustments done.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse