Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rake still having issues after doing all of the adjustments from the Pinsetter Manual

Collapse

Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rake still having issues after doing all of the adjustments from the Pinsetter Manual

We have a lane that the rake is out of sync with the rest of the machine. We replaced the shock absorber assy for the rake with a brand new assy. We also rebuilt the shotgun, and have done all of the adjustments by the book. We checked the rake holding hook for wear (it seemed completely fine), and replaced the block that it connects with.
    The rake does not latch on to the hook when it is supposed to, and the rake immediately drops after rising back up at 0 degrees. Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated!

Check the condition of the rake sweep hook cam follower in the detector. Bearing on the end may be bad. Make sure the block for the rake sweep hook that you changed is installed correctly. It isn't a squared off block but has more of a trapezoid shape and must be orientated the right way. The rake drop at 0 is a gap too close between the bearing on the shot gun and the trip rod lever. I would go over all the rake adjustments again carefully.

Comment

The problem with the book adjustments for the rake are that they aren't in the correct order. Steve came up with a better, more thorough procedure that's proven it's worth.

http://www.bowltech.com/forum/pinset...steve-stafford
      Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
      Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
      Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
      Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

I use Steve's procedure too. Not only are the steps in the correct order but the method is easier.

Comment

I see you have A2s therefore you have shotguns. My guess on the rake dropping is that the shotgun is being tripped. Disconnect it until you get the other problems sorted out.
          If you think my girlfriend can fight, you should see her box!

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• wags
            Rake
            wags
            I have a question for all of you. I have A2's on one of my lanes when the rake initially drops it's 5-6" above the lane I've done the rake board height adjustment, the rake...
            11-04-2003, 10:00 PM
          • mikey
            rake assembly
            mikey
            i had to change out a rake assembly today. got the new one in, now im haveing a problem with the rake hook, it keeps falling off the block, most commenly at 90, and sometimes...
            06-17-2006, 08:08 PM
          • abcpb
            rake sweeps and hits table
            abcpb
            we have been having a problem with one of our lanes the rake keep sweeping into the table breaking the rake when it does this the rake cam seems like it is slipping its like 20...
            05-03-2014, 12:05 PM
          • Quazimoto
            Rake Adjustment
            Quazimoto
            Alright, I'm a little puzzled here.

I went to adjust a rake today and the rake at foward stop height/down is about 1/2" narrower than the belly of the pin so...
            04-30-2010, 06:59 PM
          • dustin
            Rake adjustments
            dustin
            I am looking for some information about adjusting the height of the rake to reduce out pins in the gutter problem. When the rake comes down after the first ball there is a large...
            09-06-2001, 08:46 AM

Detector Rod Adjustment

I am currently doing my first detector rod adjustment. The first thing the book tells you to do is adjust the gap between the oor controller and the blocking surface on the detector...

The New Brunswick NXT

Best Pinsetter on the market today

Distributor Repair Kit

Has anyone installed a dist. repair kit ? Wanted to know if its a fix to the problem or just a brunswick brand Band-Aid....

Preventative Maintenance - Brunswick A, Jets, A2 - Wiring Problems

Had to do a service call at a friend's center as he was out of town. Seems Accelerator on 5 & 6 had quit. Breaker, (which fed 3 pairs), had not tripped, ohm check on motor...

Preventative Maintenance - A Jets A2 - Pinsetter Procedures

Over the years I've compiled info in a 3-ring binder for quick reference. I decided to add a bunch to it and make one for a few of my friends including the rear-wall house. ...
          Working...
          X