Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preventative Maintenance Brunswick A Jets A2 - Pin Light Conversion

Rear Wall House was having a big problem with the pin lights. The ends were pretty much worn out from the vibration so duct tape, electrical tape and jiggling the light would eventually get it to come on. Found 20 Watt LEDs for about $9 a unit. I could Not mount these on the masking unit as I did at Beloit Lanes as they are too far away and did not illuminate the pins enough so converted the old shades to accept the new LED. They were very beat up...twisted, bent, etc. Straightened them as best we could, new paint job, and screwed them to 2 wood blocks mounted to the light bar. Used a 2x4 and 1x4 together to achieve the right dimension. 3 small clips mounted in the back of the shade hold them in place. Butt connected and shrink wrapped the new cord to the existing pin light cord. Most of these had to also be replaced as they were dry rotted. Then went back into the Steltronics Scoring and greatly reduced the Integration Time and Brightness Slightly to achieve a good scan. Lanes 1 & 2 are converted the 20 Watt LEDs. 3 & 4 are florescents.

ALL Files Scanned with MALWAREBYTES PREMIUM Version 3.6.1.2711 and AVAST INTERNET SECURITY Version 18.6.2349

Pin Lt Convert 2C.jpgPin Lt Convert 3C.jpgPin Lt Convert 4C.jpgPin Lt Convert 5C.jpgPin Lt Convert 8C.jpgPin Lt Convert 11C.jpgPin Lt Convert 13C.jpgPin Lt Convert 1.jpg
    Everything has to be Somewhere !!

Couple More....
    ALL Files Scanned with MALWAREBYTES PREMIUM Version 3.6.1.2711 and AVAST INTERNET SECURITY Version 18.6.2349

Pin Lt Convert 7C.jpgPin Lt Convert 14C.jpg

Comment

Big difference!

I've looked at string LED set with RBG controller. Was told that a good reliable setup was not cost effective. Don't think I should believe him.

Comment

I believe you can pick up an RGB setup fairly reasonable. Put a few strings in a bar for back lighting. I believe a 25' string with controller was around $30 ?? You could get a 100' string and run it from machine to machine, simply black tape the section in between machines using one controller. The one I put in would do one solid color or it could be set to roll through a number of colors. The LEDs I put in here were the 6500 K as the owner wanted a very bright white. These are not dimmable but I know many are. Prices are really dropping on this stuff.

Comment

Yeah, I think you're right.

Going to experiment this year.

Comment

Originally posted by mickeygm View Post
            I believe you can pick up an RGB setup fairly reasonable. Put a few strings in a bar for back lighting. I believe a 25' string with controller was around $30 ?? You could get a 100' string and run it from machine to machine, simply black tape the section in between machines using one controller. The one I put in would do one solid color or it could be set to roll through a number of colors. The LEDs I put in here were the 6500 K as the owner wanted a very bright white. These are not dimmable but I know many are. Prices are really dropping on this stuff.
            Used basically that for a feature wall they wanted. Drove the whole thing with an Arduino for color changing. I did try a length as a pit light but it was no where near as bright...doubling made no difference.

If anyone goes strip lighting you want to test as many as you can to ensure adequate light output before buying in bulk. Also consider the power requirements and how you control them if you go multi colour.
            Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
            Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
            Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
            Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse