Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damaged 4:1

What's up y'all, I'm writing this today to get some extra help, and to document my "little adventure" on this first time project...

over the course of the weekend (Saturday) one of my part time mechanics called me saying the machine "just ceased up" I went in later on that night to check out the machine.. sure enough it was ceased and not going anywhere... so I drained the oil to find "gold glitter" pouring out the gearbox... when asked what happened the answer was of course I don't know.... so never doing this before I hopped on the old bolw-tech forum to see what I can find out after watching a video on how to removed the 4:1 and reading the post on it, I quickly realized my machine is ceased at 90 degrees on standing pins .. so after talking with a few of the guys on here (kenga and ex mech, thanks for the quick response guys really appreciate all the help) I am now ready to start my project... I will post pics of my findings or if anything comes up during the project... please feel free to leave any comments suggestions or thoughts on the whole ordeal

Good luck!
    One of our lanes did this a month ago, except all the oil had already leaked out. Seized up @90 standing pins. One of the bearings on the wormshaft had crapped out. But it sounds like maybe the gears were damaged on yours.
    Keep us posted please.

Comment

What's up guys update time

I pulled the worm shaft out and come to find out half of the shaft SNAPPED inside the gear box I'm really not to sure on what or how to get the other half out!! I don't have a magnet that's strong enough to hold on to the broken piece to extract it from the box.. I'm gonna take out the 4:1 and hope for the best pics coming soon

Comment

Wow! How far did the shaft break off? Crazy idea but depending on how it broke maybe you could tap the new surface, then use an eye bolt and pull on it while removing the 4:1.

Comment

I pulled the 4:1 out the gearbox and the piece was wedged between the the 2:1 and the gearbox, I was able to wiggle it out with a little patience, nothing was scarred or damaged after inspection... the shaft snapped half of it's threads off and the bronze gear is toast.... I'm still trying to find out how to upload pics to the thread but when I do, I will post all pics I took of the day....

Comment

http://www.bowltech.com/forum/pinset...haft-w-picture
            Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
            Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
            Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
            Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

"One of our lanes did this a month ago, except all the oil had already leaked out." Sorry MS but really need to get an inspection program going. The oil pan would have had to been emptied numerous times and the curtain and pit board must have been full of oil. Tighten the gearbox assembly bolts, drain oil, BLUE RTV the mating surfaces, and refill with a leak retardant oil, provided you don't use the time delay needle. Check all jam switches and R &R as required as these things are very costly.

ALL Files Scanned with MALWAREBYTES PREMIUM Version 3.6.1.2711 and AVAST INTERNET SECURITY Version 18.6.2349

Gearbox Grease 43520.pdf Checklist Inspection Rev2.pdf
              Everything has to be Somewhere !!

Comment

Update: I was able to get everything back in and the machine runs a one whole revolution for 0 to 0... I have a few problems going on now.. my rake doesn't sweep and the machine is setting pins to high of the pin deck cousins the pins to just drop.. did anyone else come across this problem.? I tried doing adjustment like rake hook sweep adjustment and the deck lift hook adjustment but no go ( rake sweep hook not engaging block and deck hook not canceling it's self out after first ball strike )

Comment

Out of time
                  If you think my girlfriend can fight, you should see her box!

Comment

i was going through my old notes left from the last chief and this machine was out of time since i took over... it may be the 2:1 that's out of time... when i do my yearly gearbox clutch maintenance i would have to adjust the 4:1 crank higher then the rest of the machines to stop the deck from shifting at the start of the cycle.. what should i do and how do i check to see if all gears are in time (4:1/ 2:1/ 1:1)

Comment

You will find a plug on each side of the Gearbox. Remove them and using a mirror & flashlight, you should be able to see the timing marks. You may have to get creative with a rag, screwdriver and solvent to clean the gears so you can see the marks. The dots may or may not be painted but they are indented so you will be able to tell if they are in time or not. The respective assemblies would need to be removed and reinstalled "In Time". I paint a large portion of each tooth before reinstalling to make the id easier. Be careful if you do this. Many items will need readjustment and it is possible that the rake hook may let go releasing the rake in its sweeping motion. I would enlist the help of an experienced mechanic to help with this. I can email you the entire Gearbox Manual if you'd like. Its too large to post.

ALL Files Scanned with MALWAREBYTES PREMIUM Version 3.6.1.2711 and AVAST INTERNET SECURITY Version 18.6.2349

Gearbox Timing.jpg
                      Everything has to be Somewhere !!

Comment

what's up everybody! I got some good news today I was able to get the machine up and running.. I was able to find the mark on the gears and I was off by a tooth or two.. i pulled out the 4:1 and marked the timing teeth with some whiteout like mickey pointed out.. made the reinstallation so much easier... I like to call that learning the tricks to the trade!!! I would like to thank everyone who's helped me with this project the last few days you guys really pulled through in my time of need..

Comment

I still remember the first time I replaced the 1:1 assembly. It was a midnight to dawn job. Gearbox disassembly manual as my guide cross referencing with parts manual. The satisfaction and relief I felt when I got the machine back up and running is still one of my strongest and favorite memories.

Well done Fabian, there is a first time for everyone, it gets easier now......

Comment

I would have to agree with you one 100% it felt so good seeing that machine run a full cycle/league with not one call on it the whole night... lets just say I got a full nights rest knowing I accomplished something like that.. but in all if it wasn't for you guys on this site helping me out.. I don't know if I would have pulled it off!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mickeygm View Post
                              "One of our lanes did this a month ago, except all the oil had already leaked out." Sorry MS but really need to get an inspection program going. The oil pan would have had to been emptied numerous times and the curtain and pit board must have been full of oil. Tighten the gearbox assembly bolts, drain oil, BLUE RTV the mating surfaces, and refill with a leak retardant oil, provided you don't use the time delay needle. Check all jam switches and R &R as required as these things are very costly.

[ATTACH]n1090842[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]n1090841[/ATTACH]
                              Our head mechanic told me the 1:1 has a bad seal the the gearbox housing. I've tried to snug down the Allen bolts further but they didn't move.
                              I spose a big sign was when we noticed we didn't need to clean the oil from the scissor deck and LH flygutter as much anymore.

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse