Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90 stop

Hey guys. I have a lane, that will randomly have a 90 stop, I hit reset and everything works perfectly fine. I cant figure out for the life of me what the problem would be? Can anyone point me in the right direction to figure out what i need to look at and adjust, or what i should replace? I was thinking the clutch cone. But if i turned the nut, one or two flats, its a hit or miss of, stopping at every cycle, or just a continuous cycle.

Thanks, Michael.

Hey Michael. Next time it happens look at 2 things, which ball cycle it happens in, and more importantly is the clutch latch under the pin?
    Check your dashpot adjustment.

Good luck!

Comment

1. Dashpot
      2. Cracked reset lever
      3. Clutch lever vibrating

Comment

Thanks guys...... It happens going into 2nd ball...... picks up, sweeps sets pins at 90 and stays there....... I will check the three things that you gave me headpin. thank you guys.

Comment

What do you mean by this: "picks up, sweeps sets pins at 90 and stays there". This sounds to me like it's stopping at 270 not 90. It never sets or respots pins at 90.

Comment

Yea that sounds like a 270°
            That may be caused by a missdjusted 180 rear interlock link which has bent the clutch reset lever like what Headpin suggested. Problem with that is it's hard to visibly confirm until you pull the part and compare to a new one.
            ​​​​​​ When it stops what happens when you push the 180 link forward?

Comment

first ball, pins still standing. machine goes down picks them up, sweeps. then sets standing pins, and thats where the machine will stop. sorry about the bad terminology.. it stops at 90 and will not go back up to "0".

Comment

Your machine is stopping at 270 not 90. Check the dashpot stop collar adjustment and the 180 degree turret interlock link adjustment. If either of these is to low then the machine can stop at 270.

Comment

When i got home this morning I realized that it was 270, when the machine was going through a full cycle. .... sorry about the mix up guys. Also thank you for your advice. and i will be checking it out in the next few minutes.

Comment

Not much of a difference between 90 and 270 stops as far as causes go on an A2. Root fault is the clutch is disengaging at the wrong time. If the clutch latch is under the roller in the actuator look at the things previously mentioned. If it's an intermittent problem and you have the crappy single piece reset lever look closely for cracks in this part.

Comment

Sorry, It's taken a while to respond..... I have a family on it now, and after they leave i will check everything out for this problem... I havent had it happen since i asked the question a few days ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Headpin View Post
                        Not much of a difference between 90 and 270 stops as far as causes go on an A2. Root fault is the clutch is disengaging at the wrong time. If the clutch latch is under the roller in the actuator look at the things previously mentioned. If it's an intermittent problem and you have the crappy single piece reset lever look closely for cracks in this part.
                        I had this happen to me yesterday on lane 19.. the machine kept going into a 270 stop on my morning senior ladys league, did my Dashpot adjustment on the fly and had lowered the bolt all the way to the bottom and the latch was still under the roller... so I started to look at the reset lever and seen a crack all the way up the arm, it was damn near ready to fully snap off...

Comment

Give me an A model any time. Some of the changes Brunswick made from A to A2 only cause problems.

JMO

Comment

I don't get why they made the lever with a single arm and not with the double arm right of the bat..

Comment

Originally posted by Fabian View Post
                              I don't get why they made the lever with a single arm and not with the double arm right of the bat..
                              Cost.

They're more prone to cracking when they're installed on a machine without a plunger style dashpot.
                              Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
                              Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
                              Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
                              Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse