Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pin setter won't Cycle after switching Relay

So a few days ago, one of our machines completely shut off and would not come on at all. I've only been head mechanic a few months but our old mechanic came in and found that the relay was bad, so he had me change it. It was a newer one, and it was a lot smaller than the old one that was in it, but he gave me a diagram that showed me where to connect everything. I did it and the machine started right up, however it will not cycle. The rake will drop and the clutch lever will trigger, but after that nothing happens. Help please

The Machines are A2

Comment

By saying the clutch lever will trigger am I understanding you are saying the machine starts the cycle, the stop arm comes out from under the clutch lever and then the machine just sets there. That sounds like a mechanical issue more than an electrical one. Start by checking the clutch adjustment. It could be worn clutch parts but start by making sure the adjustment is correct because it's quick and easy and can help you see another problem.

Comment

Originally posted by exMech View Post
        By saying the clutch lever will trigger am I understanding you are saying the machine starts the cycle, the stop arm comes out from under the clutch lever and then the machine just sets there. That sounds like a mechanical issue more than an electrical one. Start by checking the clutch adjustment. It could be worn clutch parts but start by making sure the adjustment is correct because it's quick and easy and can help you see another problem.
        Yes that's what I mean. The rake drops, the lever clicks then nothing. I did the clutch lever adjustment and it seems correct. The book says the rake height adjustment and the pit cushion adjustment are possibilities, but I figured if the rake is dropping the rake adjustment is okay. Should I try them?

Comment

I'm not sure we are on the same page here. If the stop arm is coming out from under the "clutch lever" (see picture below) then the reset system has done it's job and the rake is NOT the issue. Something is stopping the clutch from engaging.

I'm not sure what you mean by "the lever clicks". Can you be more specific which lever you are referring to. If the solenoid is triggering and doing so solidly, then the next thing to look at is the clutch latch. Make sure it's being pulled clear of the pin on the reset lever (again refer to the picture). However, if the stop arm is being pulled clear of the clutch lever as discussed above, this isn't the issue. Once the clutch lever is free to fall then you are looking at a clutch issue. It could be bad splines preventing the clutch to slide on the input worm shaft to engage or it could be something simple. If that's the case, you may just need to start pulling the clutch apart and look at the parts to see if you can identify what's preventing it from moving to engage.

I'm not convinced we are totally out of the electrical area yet but it's looking that way depending on what you mean by "the lever clicks".

Edit: Added the picture.
          Attached Files

Comment

I apologize, yes I am referring to the clutch lever. So 1. The rake drops
            2. The clutch lever drops.

Then nothing else after that. So it's almost definitely the clutch then? It's relief to know I Didn't break anything when messing with the breaker box. Thank you! I'll just take the clutch off and look around for something. Sorry for confusing you so much.

Comment

It's no problem. Really. I sometimes hesitate to ask to many questions because it may tend to discourage an individual from posting other questions and that's not what we want to do. We are here to help you learn as well as help you solve your problem. But sometimes for clarity, asking questions is the necessary evil to make sure we are directing you in the right direction. So please post back as often as necessary.

Good luck and let us know what you find or if you have further questions.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Upgraded Motor Contactor

Hey all. Just had a motor contactor go on one of our machines. I remember seeing new cube relays or solid state contactors we could replace them with. Anybody got a part number...

C1 Pinout drawing

Finished the C1 drawing.

The base for this came from a drawing made by Felix dated 2006.

Thanks Felix.

If you see any...

CCD Processor Move by Masternut

These are pictures submitted by "MASTERNUT" of a project in his bowling center where he moved his CCD processor boards from the location on the capping to the curtain...
              Working...
              X