Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brunswick cycle solenoid tear down (Dormeyer 240 V)

Collapse

Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brunswick cycle solenoid tear down (Dormeyer 240 V)

I posted this in the AMF 82-30 forum but since this came out of a Brunswick machine I though someone here might find it interesting as well and since I put the work into making the post. Forgive me Mike for the double post but I'm not sure how many Brunswick guys follow AMF forums.

You can still find parts to repair most solenoids as they are manufactured by a third party that sells them over many industries. I have torn solenoids apart to flip the rails upside down because this is the component that usually failed and caused the plunger to stick. However, with the cost of labor being higher it is generally not cost effective to have someone tearing them down rather than just replacing the unit and moving on but once you are familiar with the process it doesn't really take that long. That being said, don't throw away old units as you can salvage parts to repair other units.

Here is the tear down of a Dormeyer 240 V solenoid used on the cycle solenoid of a Brunswick A machine.

Refer the pics below: Note the pic name aligns with the step number in case they get mixed up during upload.

1) Remove rivet from back of solenoid. This will allow guide rails to come out later.
    2) Remove retaining clips that hold plunger in.
    3) Retaining clips are held in with tab the two corners of each front clip.
    4) Pic 4 shows retaining clips removed from both sides.
    5) Plunger will now slide out.
    6) Plunger guide rails will now come out. The may require a little coaxing. Note how they are installed so you can get them back in correctly.
    Tabs on front of the rail will go behind tabs on frame during the final insertion.
    7) Pic 7 shows the components removed.
    8) Coil will now slide out side of frame.
    9) This shows the coil removed. It is wound on a plastic mold and can be replaced as a unit.

Then just reassemble in reverse order. You can replace the rivet or just use an appropriate screw with a nylock nut to keep the vibrations from knocking it loose. When inserting the plunger retaining clips, pull plunger out slightly or tips on side of plunger may get jambed behind the retainer clips preventing the plunger from coming out.

We use to also remove the coils on our lane machine and rewound the coils ourselves due to the expense of the solenoids. I've found the same process applies to all Dormeyer solenoids I came across. And yes I have also unwound the coils to use the wire for the kid's science projects.

Attached Files

I been tearing solenoids down for as long as I can remember. Have a parts bin full of spares.
    All good tips from Ex. I might just add, that in the event that the plunger pin holes are worn to the point of collapse. You can drill and tap a hole in the plunger and screw in a bolt that has been modified to accept a x washer pin. Generally I weld a nut to the top of the bolt.

Comment

No worries on the double post, this is great stuff!
      Mike Wilson
      Bowl-Tech Inc.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Oil in gutters

I have a Kustodian ion Lane machine. I have recently replaced the oil tip assembly and hose. Recently I have been noticing about every couple feet in the gutters I am getting...

C1 Pinout drawing

Finished the C1 drawing.

The base for this came from a drawing made by Felix dated 2006.

Thanks Felix.

If you see any...

CCD Processor Move by Masternut

These are pictures submitted by "MASTERNUT" of a project in his bowling center where he moved his CCD processor boards from the location on the capping to the curtain...
      Working...
      X