Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

deck lift hook cam bolts. (copy and paste, question is at the bottom.)

Collapse

Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deck lift hook cam bolts. (copy and paste, question is at the bottom.)

• Roscoe
      Roscoe

04-06-2005, 11:10 PM
      Re: 2:1 has loose deck lowering pin

Down@In:
      Scotch yoker studs come out from the cross conveyor side, so obviously you have a link machine. No pins on pin deck, no pins in moving deck, unhook sweep hook spring and use it to positively tie up sweep hook, so that it cannot hook.(MOST IMPORTANT). Then run machine so that you can remove the two bolts and step washers that hold the 2to1 main bearing to the 2to1 housing. Put the deck just on the deck holding hook then pry behind the eccentric, thus pulling the main bearing slightly out of the housing. This will give you clearance to remove stud. If new stud is loose in the housing, let me know and we will go further. Simply push eccentric back in and rebolt the the retainers.
      Roscoe
      • Flag
      • Like0

• Roscoe
      Roscoe

04-06-2005, 11:16 PM
      Re: 2:1 has loose deck lowering pin

Down@In:

Forgot to mention, thats the same procedure for replacing sheared off deck hook selector cam bolts.

IS this still the process for the bolts that snapped in side the deck lift crank? or do i have to pull the 2:1 out ?

You do not need to pull the 2:1 to remove the broken bolts. I don't follow the above procedure but it will work.
    TSM & TSM Training Development
    Main Event Entertainment
    480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Stafford (JBEES) View Post
      You do not need to pull the 2:1 to remove the broken bolts. I don't follow the above procedure but it will work.
      Good sir how else do you remove the broken deck lift hook cam bolts?
      Literally worked from 12am to 8am trying to solve that exact problem. My district technical services manager had to come in and after first 3 hours he said "f*** it! We already have everything off let's pull the 2:1." Not exactly what I wanted to hear but

Comment

Install a 3/16 roll pin in your deck lowering hook cam lever to help prevent this. I've done all of my scotch yoke machines. It saves major headaches! Masternut has this posted in the technical reference section.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruns-man20 View Post
          Install a 3/16 roll pin in your deck lowering hook cam lever to help prevent this. I've done all of my scotch yoke machines. It saves major headaches! Masternut has this posted in the technical reference section.
          Thanks man I'll have to check that out!

So after some searching I could not find the post by masternut, to be honest the search results had 1700+ matches
          Some of the deck lift hooks in our center do have a roll pin sticking out the 7 pin side that I was always curious about. Thanks for the passing on the knowledge Bruns-man20!

Comment

http://www.bowltech.com/forum/pinset...follower-lever

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse