Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moving Deck not shifting when full of pins.

Collapse

Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving Deck not shifting when full of pins.

Let me try and get all of the symptoms listed here so your not guessing.
    My lane 5 will occasionally not shift the deck if the deck is full before the machine reaches 180.
    When i drop the pin count below 20 and the machine stops at 180 and then fills the turret, as the machine releases from 180 the deck shifts properly.
    Normally i would keep running the machine with 19 pins but the machine will occasionally not stop at 180 resulting in not setting pins.
    I'm missing something simple i know it.
    What ideas can you offer ?

Thanks
    BowlingAlleyBob

You're losing your full deck signal. Many possibilities. Are you experiencing the occassional double feed deck jam when running with more than 19 pins?
    You're right, it will be something simple. Ultimately you need to focus on the long link from the turret becoming unlatched prematurely.

Comment

Yes sir,
      with more than 19 pins it will double dump due to the fact that it sat an empty deck. Ok i will focus on the long link.

Thank you so much

Comment

Stop the pinsetter at 90 degrees strike. If the roller on the deck lift shaft unlocks the long link at 90 strike, remove the nylon roller. When you reinstall the spacer make sure it rolls freely.

Comment

I had a problem where the latch that locks the long link rearward was so dry and gummed up that it wouldn't lock long link. I just removed x washer pin, cleaned, lubed and reassembled.
          If it cant be fixed with a hammer, use a bowling pin.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• Willie
            not detecting a full deck of pins
            by Willie
            one of our lanes the turret fills up and on the 5 pin drops the pins in the buckets and goes around again but it wont double deck but the machine wont set the pins. The clutch...
            08-23-2006, 09:14 PM
          • Buono78
            machine wont wait for pins
            by Buono78
            i have 2 machines that will not sit and wait for a full deck.
            if the deck isnt full when its ready to set a new deck on the floor it will set an empty deck. this is very...
            02-06-2010, 04:58 PM
          • newUCMmech
            constant deck jams.
            by newUCMmech
            i think this is what they call "hanging bananas". problem just started yesterday and happens about once every ten frames now. getting more frequent. always happens on...
            08-07-2010, 04:21 PM
          • dustin
            270 stop
            by dustin
            Lane 15 will come down pick up a full set of pins and when the deck is empty it will stop in 270 and wait for the deck to fill up before re-spotting those pins. Where do i st...
            12-22-2011, 10:55 AM
          • zbowl
            flying 180'
            by zbowl
            I have a problem with my deck not wanting to set pins. The machine is a jetback.I just changed the stripper bolt in the resticted drop link because it was worn badly. I have noticed...
            08-14-2002, 10:01 AM

Preventative Maintenance - A Jets A2 - Elevator & Pits

All this work just to clean under the elevator !!??? LOL A friend is replacing a number of his elevators as the left hand triangle plate brackets are breaking. Rather than...

Preventative Maintenance - A Jets A2 - Ball Wheel Belt Question

A friend was looking at his ball wheel belt which stated it was 208" long, (Pic 1). He was pretty sure that it is a B205 belt which should be 205" long. The answer...

MONITOR COLOR ISSUE!!

my appologies if Ive posted this in the wrong area, this is my second post on this site, Ive got a 10 lane center ( 5 pairs ) and on lanes 3&4, I am having a problem with...

Pin spot is off

I'm currently working at a 38 Lane center. Of those 38 lanes only a few are having this issue.

I'm currently trying to get all the lanes to have perfect pin spots...

Idler shaft

One of our lanes has a bad bearing assembly for the distributor pulley. The idler shaft that the pulleys sit on has been damaged where it sits on the bearing. I took the assembly...
          Working...
          X