Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preventative Maintenance - A Jets A2 - Elevator & Pits

All this work just to clean under the elevator !!??? LOL A friend is replacing a number of his elevators as the left hand triangle plate brackets are breaking. Rather than put on the repair kit or burn the place down trying to weld them in place, he is replacing the entire elevator. He picked up a large number of elevators in very good shape from a tear out so he is using them at his place. At the same time he is going through the entire shaker assembly, removing the pit cushions for overhaul, and anything else that needs it. Notice he has carriage bolted a heavy pad in the center of the pit board to protect the heavy impact area of the carpet. He claims it is working very well.

Some of us are thinking that the urethane triangle plates do not support and distribute the impact force from pins & balls like the old steel triangle plates, hence resulting in the failures. Plus these guys are throwing the balls at the speed of light. I never had a bracket break on my Green Monsters but I had all steel plates and kept them tight.

ALL Files Scanned with MALWAREBYTES PREMIUM Version 3.7.1.2839 and AVAST INTERNET SECURITY Version 19.5.2378

Elevator 1.jpgPit Board Protector 2.jpgPit Board Protector 1.jpg
    Everything has to be Somewhere !!

He is making the "Heavy Pad" from used AMF carpet belt which he gets a lot of. He is also adding two more carriage bolts to the very rear of the pad making sure they are past where the ball hits. The backside of the bolt is secured with a Nyloc Nut. Some of the pads curl up necessitating this.
    Everything has to be Somewhere !!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse