Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rubber bushings

It used to be lubricate the rubber bushings on the model A pit cushion arms with brake fluid. We are thinking of using silicone. Any opinion or comments are greatly appreciated!
    Howard

I am guessing you are referring to item # 34 on parts page 4E & 5E. You need to know what kind of rubber it is. The consensus on the net seems to indicate that petroleum products will harm natural rubber but I doubt those are natural rubber. They also state brake fluid, silicon and some other lubricants do Not harm nitrile, buna, ect. If you google "Will silicon harm rubber" you will get more than you want to know LOL.
    Everything has to be Somewhere !!

Comment

I have never lubricated the rubber bushings in over 40 years.
      I did the rubber turn pan bushings once years ago, but nothing after that.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• JamesNickum
        Pit Cushion Arm Mounts
        by JamesNickum
        I just order the "newer" style P.C. mounts and I'm going to recieve them in a couple weeks. I was wondering if anybody had an opinion on them compared to the originals...
        11-04-2006, 06:00 PM
      • Cliff
        used pit cushion
        by Cliff
        anyone got a spare pit cushion, a2 style, they want to part with for good price?

got one with a 8" long crack that is also missing lots of the padding and has...
        05-19-2008, 06:21 PM
      • theykeeponrunnin
        Pit Cushion
        by theykeeponrunnin
        I have a machine that the cushion is low enough the pins hit them and won't hardly go under. I know the shaker board is not too high. The links are not wore or loose either. Should...
        12-05-2012, 02:49 PM
      • Oldsmagnet
        Crumbling pit cushion
        by Oldsmagnet
        Anyone have any ~reasonable~ cures for a deteriorating pit cushion facing? The ~entire~ thing is chipping away, the dried, hardened, butyl rubber type material, maybe 1/8"...
        11-10-2000, 12:06 AM
      • Tom1
        Pit Cushion
        by Tom1
        Hi Guys I have a question; Is the the pit cushion repairably if the bolt holes are so bad they are open to the side of the cushion and several other cracks in the metal? If not...
        07-18-2007, 02:47 PM

Bind in deck hook linkage

I'm having a problem with the deck holding hook lifting up and not engaging the pin during 2nd ball cycle. At first, I thought it was the detector but have ruled that out. If...

GS-X table bolts/stud

I know I'm not the only one who has had the table bolts literally shear off. I cannot explain where there would be a force strong enough to do this to the bolts.
      Other that...

Not scoring when ball speed "ball detection" is enabled

I have a pair that won't score if ball detection is turned on, but when I turn it off the scoring works right away.

On the ball speed sensor, the green light indicates...

GSX pins dumping in table at front

Hi everybody, I'm looking for some guidance. My GSX machines have a problem with pins gathering in the table in front of the #3 pinholder. One or two lanes are worse than the...

Idler shaft

One of our lanes has a bad bearing assembly for the distributor pulley. The idler shaft that the pulleys sit on has been damaged where it sits on the bearing. I took the assembly...
      Working...
      X