Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wookie8662
    replied
    I have never lubricated the rubber bushings in over 40 years.
    I did the rubber turn pan bushings once years ago, but nothing after that.

Leave a comment:

• mickeygm
    replied
    I am guessing you are referring to item # 34 on parts page 4E & 5E. You need to know what kind of rubber it is. The consensus on the net seems to indicate that petroleum products will harm natural rubber but I doubt those are natural rubber. They also state brake fluid, silicon and some other lubricants do Not harm nitrile, buna, ect. If you google "Will silicon harm rubber" you will get more than you want to know LOL.

Leave a comment:

• Howard
    started a topic rubber bushings

rubber bushings

It used to be lubricate the rubber bushings on the model A pit cushion arms with brake fluid. We are thinking of using silicone. Any opinion or comments are greatly appreciated!

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• JamesNickum
    Pit Cushion Arm Mounts
    by JamesNickum
    I just order the "newer" style P.C. mounts and I'm going to recieve them in a couple weeks. I was wondering if anybody had an opinion on them compared to the originals...
    11-04-2006, 06:00 PM
  • Cliff
    used pit cushion
    by Cliff
    anyone got a spare pit cushion, a2 style, they want to part with for good price?

got one with a 8" long crack that is also missing lots of the padding and has...
    05-19-2008, 06:21 PM
  • theykeeponrunnin
    Pit Cushion
    by theykeeponrunnin
    I have a machine that the cushion is low enough the pins hit them and won't hardly go under. I know the shaker board is not too high. The links are not wore or loose either. Should...
    12-05-2012, 02:49 PM
  • Oldsmagnet
    Crumbling pit cushion
    by Oldsmagnet
    Anyone have any ~reasonable~ cures for a deteriorating pit cushion facing? The ~entire~ thing is chipping away, the dried, hardened, butyl rubber type material, maybe 1/8"...
    11-10-2000, 12:06 AM
  • Tom1
    Pit Cushion
    by Tom1
    Hi Guys I have a question; Is the the pit cushion repairably if the bolt holes are so bad they are open to the side of the cushion and several other cracks in the metal? If not...
    07-18-2007, 02:47 PM

Super Bowl Funday!

This is how my day started. The note left by the night mechanic was "The cam needs adjustments. Table keeps going up and down."

Distributor Clutch Stop Blade Wear

Replaced this stop blade on an Edge machine at a private installation I service. It looks like this after 20,000 frames. The stop blade on the machine next to it looks new after...

Qubica BES-X Lane Advertising

Anyone know if/how to replace the BES-X "station ID" graphic that shows up before and after a video ad runs on the monitors? I'd much rather have it show our logo, especially...

Preventative Maintenance - Jet Back Booster & A2 Accelerator Control Boxes

I convert my booster control relays over to Plug-ins as they fail. They are the same as the Motor Start & Recycle relays which makes it very convenient.

Making TDM's adjustable.

I have some machines that the time delay cycles like right now when machine is triggered instead of the 3 sec delay. Would like to put in a potentiameter to correct this. Does...

Solderless relay conversion

Is anyone running the solderless relays on the accelerators? How do you like them? What brand? How difficult to convert was it? Would love the feed back as I'm about to switch...
Working...
X