Collapse

Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lift rod covers wearing out in a year.

I know this has been discussed a bit ago but all I know is with theses bowling balls my Tan lift rod covers are wearing out a groove in them and not turning on rods in a year.
    Does anybody know how long the blue urethane rod covers last. For tan you can do a lift rod for 50.00 but blue covers cost 200.00 for each lift rod. To get my moneys worth the blue covers would need to last 20 years per lift rod.
    This Sh7T is crazy. Using terrain oil to is probably not helping. Customers now complaining about sandy grit on there balls which is the tan covers wearing away.
    How about the Red gum covers ? Those's seem to absorb more oil than the tan allowing it to spin more and does not form a groove in them. This is BS !

Unless they changed the materials to make the tan cover to the point of where it it is to tacky and won't spin.

Comment

I'm of the belief it's related to the additives in the newer oils (last 10 years). We use to get nearly 10 years out of the pure gum covers and more from the red HD covers. Now they're lucky to last 5 years. Add to that we're applying a lot more oil as opposed to the days of wick machines.

Despite the cost, so far the grey AP Brunswick covers beat the lot IMO. My oldest is probably 10 years and has zero wear. I can't comment on the blue covers since I've never bought them.
      Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
      Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
      Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
      Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Ya I mentioned maybe oil in an earlier post maybe cause to. It seems to me what I've seen is its more the Kegel oils if thats the issue.

Comment

15 Years and more out of standard tan covers is what I have going on. ( the record here is 17 years) Most times premature wear is caused by incorrect spring tension, bad adjustments, among other things like not using lift rod covers and to thick of kicker strips, not using ball jam eliminators. Also on the installation of the covers you use baby powder!!! Nothing else

Comment

I use Offensive

Comment

Originally posted by JoelJoanis View Post
              I use Offensive
              which brand ? We used kegel offense HV for years. Will be Discontined in Jan.

Comment

You are correct so I dont have a good replacement in mind yet. But your rod issue is still what I listed. Post a picture of what you have. I will try to do the same.

Comment

We are using kegel Terrain oil 80 vis. looks light brown now.

Comment

Originally posted by JoelJoanis View Post
                    15 Years and more out of standard tan covers is what I have going on. ( the record here is 17 years) Most times premature wear is caused by incorrect spring tension, bad adjustments, among other things like not using lift rod covers and to thick of kicker strips, not using ball jam eliminators. Also on the installation of the covers you use baby powder!!! Nothing else
                    I use only baby powder and have no kickers on my wheels. Maybe my ball wheel speed is to slow. I have reduced them all. But still have same problem at other centers with kickers too. I don't believe its mostly due to adjustments but thats IMO. It seems also if you don't put Tan cover on right away it drys out some and it seems to be worse with older new cover sitting for a while ?

Comment

The new issue of tan rubber rod cover is smaller in diameter, and does not last very long.
                      I have replaced a few new rod covers myself.

Brunswick is sourcing out a different rod cover that will be available in 25' rolls instead of 50' rolls.

Until they are available, use the red rod cover, or go with the grey urethane foam covers.

Comment

Comment

Thank you Wookie. Always thought it was tan material

Comment

I'm having a terrible time with the red rod cover. What used to last 10 plus years (some are at 14 years old!) are now done in a year and a half to two years. Red crumbs of rod cover every where. If someone comes up with a good rubber cover please let us all know. I don't think it all has to do with additives in the lane oils today because those 10 plus year old red covers still look good while one that is a year old looks nasty.

Comment

Thats not good . Was just gonna order the red. So you are having same problem as me. But with the red cover. I agree Last 7 years ave put on new rips up and such in a year or so.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse