Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving deck

What is the best way to determine if a moving deck is bowed with it out of the machine and stripped down?
    Ignorance is Bliss!

Flip it over and put a 4 foot level across the 7,8,9,10 area. If it's bowed it will be obvious.

Comment

Measure gap from Stationary deck to moving deck in the middle and both ends
      The older the part, the STRONGER it is.

Comment

I agree with Griz.
        Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
        Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
        Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
        Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

If it is bowed enough, you will begin experiencing pin detection problems, (if not already), particularly with single pins in the bowed area of the moving deck. The old machines have a much "beefier" deck and typically don't experience any warping. I believe the Japanese and newer A2's have a fairly "light deck".
          Everything has to be Somewhere !!

Comment

Not to threadjack here, but can this check be done with the moving deck in the machine, or must it be removed?

Comment

Originally posted by Mok View Post
              Not to threadjack here, but can this check be done with the moving deck in the machine, or must it be removed?
              You can slide a straigh edge in from the side if it's not too broad but measuring from scissor to moving at the back can be done in for certain and it does not require room from the neighboring machine. Make sure the scissor is securely bolted with zero missing flat head cap screws.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• Wheelinbob
                Moving deck....
                by Wheelinbob
                Just curious i forgot how many times is the Moving deck wound up and it is clockwise if i remember corectly...thanks Bob
                01-26-2007, 12:39 AM
              • JEFF KUHNLE
                MOVING DECK
                by JEFF KUHNLE
                HAD ONE OF MY MACHINES START ACTING UP. WHEN THE DECK GOES DOWN TO PICK UP STANDING PINS, THE MOVING DECK MAKES A SLIGHT FORWARD MOVEMENT. BEFOR DECK MOVES GENEVA ROLLERS ARE...
                08-10-2000, 01:30 PM
              • ndenbow
                moving deck.
                by ndenbow
                i have a moving deck that is binding somewhere and am looking for some input on where to look. it will not shift to the rear to set new pins. upper deck cable has been replaced...
                07-23-2013, 01:34 PM
              • KIM
                Moving deck
                by KIM
                a friend lost the cam followers for the moving deck. I remember seeing a procedure for winding the moving deck spring but can't seem to find it. Can anyone help?
                04-09-2006, 04:11 PM
              • gearhead
                Moving Deck question
                by gearhead
                While changing deck chutes i noticed that the moving deck moves left/right rather easily and quite a bit by hand,looking around i see nothing wrong,could the moving deck wheels...
                04-19-2003, 12:17 PM

Distributor Clutch Stop Blade Wear

Replaced this stop blade on an Edge machine at a private installation I service. It looks like this after 20,000 frames. The stop blade on the machine next to it looks new after...

Qubica BES-X Lane Advertising

Anyone know if/how to replace the BES-X "station ID" graphic that shows up before and after a video ad runs on the monitors? I'd much rather have it show our logo, especially...

Ball Damage at my wits end

We have been getting ball damage on a pair of lanes and we are at our wits end trying to find the problem. Every time we think we have found it we get another ball with damage...

GS-X table bolts/stud

I know I'm not the only one who has had the table bolts literally shear off. I cannot explain where there would be a force strong enough to do this to the bolts.
              Other that...

Preventative Maintenance - Jet Back Booster & A2 Accelerator Control Boxes

I convert my booster control relays over to Plug-ins as they fail. They are the same as the Motor Start & Recycle relays which makes it very convenient.

1:1 shaft wear

Hi all....I have a pinsetter that knocks over pins at times when setting new pins. The moving deck shifts very abruptly right around 270 degrees. Instead of a smooth movement,...
              Working...
              X