Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plug in style motor start relay

I had a old style motor start relay that was sticking so I replaced it with a new plug in style motor start relay. now upon ball impact start relay drops out which in turn drops out contactor(only for a split second) but its annoying and league bowlers are complaining. ive tried to try a different relay thinking might be bad(took out of another pinsetter that was working) tried replacing base still flickers. tried the contactor still same problem. tried to isolate(cushion) base and no help. ive also checked all the wiring a few times and its ok. any advise????

Check your turret jam switch adjustment. This is notorious for causing the problem you described.

Comment

Also could check the breaker. Had one of them start to go bad, and when a ball impacted the cushion it would flash (and sometimes black out entirely), in which a tap on the electrical box would fix the problem. New breaker in, problem eliminated

Comment

We had a machine that would blink on and off with hard ball impact, and sometimes even trip the breaker. The rubber bushings on the pit cushion on the 10 pin side were shot, replaced and that problem went away. As far as motor start relay, we had one that went bad, replaced it with a solid state motor start relay board, went through 3 of those that each developed a problem with one of the solid state relays, then put in the Brunswick plug in relay arrangement, mounted the base in the electrical box with velcro to make removal easy and cushion any vibration, working great.
        Howard

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Super Bowl Funday!

This is how my day started. The note left by the night mechanic was "The cam needs adjustments. Table keeps going up and down."

Distributor Clutch Stop Blade Wear

Replaced this stop blade on an Edge machine at a private installation I service. It looks like this after 20,000 frames. The stop blade on the machine next to it looks new after...

Qubica BES-X Lane Advertising

Anyone know if/how to replace the BES-X "station ID" graphic that shows up before and after a video ad runs on the monitors? I'd much rather have it show our logo, especially...

Preventative Maintenance - Jet Back Booster & A2 Accelerator Control Boxes

I convert my booster control relays over to Plug-ins as they fail. They are the same as the Motor Start & Recycle relays which makes it very convenient.

Making TDM's adjustable.

I have some machines that the time delay cycles like right now when machine is triggered instead of the 3 sec delay. Would like to put in a potentiameter to correct this. Does...

Solderless relay conversion

Is anyone running the solderless relays on the accelerators? How do you like them? What brand? How difficult to convert was it? Would love the feed back as I'm about to switch...
        Working...
        X