Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cross conveyor belt tension

I have a lane where pins make it up the cross conveyor.but sometimes when the pins are butted against each other one will drop and the other will slowly make it half way. the pin gate latch is unlocked and has spring but the pin either gets stuck or slowly drops in and the next gets stuck. now im thinking that the cross conveyor belts are way worn in my house so i ordered 2 to replace on this lane. ive replaced a few cc belts but i have a hard time getting enough tension on them. what is the PROPER way to install these does anyone have a process???? or does someone know of any other thing i can do to aid in this problem?? thanks for you advice and post.
    "just workin and rebuildin"

Re: Cross conveyor belt tension

What do you mean when you say 1/2 way in...

Are the pins slipping on the belts?
    Peanut

Comment

yes, the pins are sliping on the belt the treads are almost wore off. so i just need to know how you get the tension on the belt i know theres the 1/2 inch bolts in back how do you get enough leverage on it wihout bending the pulley??? i used a pry bar on one and bent the pulley and had to replace it.... is there a trick?

Comment

I use a large set of channel locks. I clamp one of the 1/2" bolts and the bottom plate/backside of the cross conveyor with them and tighten the other 1/2" bolt down good and snug. I can take a pic of the process if my description is as poor as it sounds to me for you. It's really simple and there's no sweat involved.
        So speaketh the Gospel of The Beer Can

Comment

Oh, and as a stop gap method of preventing the pins from sliding back down the cross conveyors at the pin gate you could stretch a length of bungie cord over the cross conveyor, allowing the cord to press down on the belly of the pin and ensure that it makes the plunge onto the indexing trip lever.

Comment

thankx dave for your post i think i will try that [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] i think i understand.

Comment

Glad to help. And again, if you need a pic just let me know and I'll snap one tonight.

Comment

Make sure that when you install your belts you loosen the 2 nuts on the 'j' bolts on the frame support for the back of the cross conveyor under the turn pan and the 2 bolts under the cross conveyor by the belt pulleys.

When I tension the belts I take a small crow bar, lay it in the V of the double pulley from the inside of the pinsetter pointing out and hook the tip of the bar on the support frame the turn pan mounts on. When I pull down it slides the pulley assembly back and tensions the belts.
                Be part of the solution, not part of the problem.

Comment

emeraldboise............under the cc there are two pulleys,theres a rod that goes thur the bracket on the cc frame unhook the two springs (1) on each pulley work them back and forth, if they move hard take them apart and clean, then do the bolts.

Comment

mudd, his machines are A-2's which don't have the tensioners.

As a tip, you can remove the tensioners from your machines, which updates them to the newer A-2 setup. It will make the belts last longer. You will have to move the wire mount below the right belt to prevent the wires from being rubbed through. The only drawback is that you need to have matched belts because both belts are adjusted equally by methods descibed in other posts above.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt P:
                      As a tip, you can remove the tensioners from your machines, which updates them to the newer A-2 setup.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sorry Curt...but if you have A machines, you must leave the tensioners on the odd lane as the belts will end up being in the way of the ball when it is being returned. The even lane can have them removed if you would like...and you will have a bunch of spare parts to make your odd lanes last longer... [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
                      TSM & TSM Training Development
                      Main Event Entertainment
                      480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Here's a pic of the method I use to tension the cc belts...

While clamping it with the channel locks, you use the other hand to tighten up the opposite side. I would have showed that, but it's tough to hold a camera with your mouth.

Comment

I have never had to use any levering tools to tension the cc belts...........just make em snug and tighten the bolts.

IMO you only need to tension the belts up to prevent them from slipping on the drive pulley, anything beyond that is doing more harm than good.

I do believe that over tensioning any belt will cause it to prematurely wear out as well as put undue pressure on the associated bearings.

CC belts in particuliar don't like and don't need a lot of tension.....the teeth of the cc belts don't like to be stretched, they tend to crack and break off.

I've always replaced the cc belts in pairs.....if you pair up a old stretched belt with a new one........your always going to have trouble tensioning them up.........one will be under tensioned or the other over tensioned.

If you must replace only one cc belt...try and match it up with a another belt of similiar length...........JMO

What do you reckon Steve?......do I get 1/2 a point for this post.......... [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Shawn

Comment

Yeah, but I never said to tighten the ever living hell out of 'em. Just squeeze a bit and tighten the bolts.

Guess I should have mentioned that from the get go.

Comment

I squeeze the snot out of them, then tighten em up Dave. Never had a problem with it that way, and I don't think anyone is strong enough to actually get these babies to tight.
                              Still here. just a watchin now.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse