Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right hand blocking finger

I have a machine where the lever on the end of the shaft for the right blocking finger will end up behind the stud of the left deck post after it has been adjusted. Any ideas as to why this is happening?

Re: Right hand blocking finger

drhose:
    The pin that is welded into the blocking finger(that the spring wheel rests against) is broken.
    rfm

Comment

Thanks Roscoe, I'll check it out and post back

Comment

Roscoe, (or anyone else who might know) could you please elaborate on where the pin is you're talking about is. I checked the blocking finger and the surrounding area and didn`t see where any broken pin were. Is this in an area that might be hard to see? In the meantime I've readjusted the finger again and everything appears to be working fine now. I failed to mention that it does not do it every time just intermittently.

Comment

Drhose:
          If the pin were broken, it would do it consistantly. The pin in question is welded onto the blocking finger(the ten side finger), and the lever that the lifting spring is attached to, rests on it when in the down position. Look at another machine, the pin is on the seven side of the ten side blocking finger midway down the bottom leg.
          rfm

Comment

Thanks, I'll check it out tomorrow.

Comment

Maybe this will help anyone that is not sure of where this pin is located...

TSM & TSM Training Development
              Main Event Entertainment
              480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

if this pin is indeed broken, you can drill out the weld from the original hole and install a shoulder bolt with a locknut, just have to cut off the head of the bolt after its tightened down. this is an inexpensive permanent repair that will outlast the life of the blocking finger.
                that pit isnt loud, its running with authority!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse