Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accelerator ,s

Does anyone have the spec,s or spacing that a accelerator needs to be from the y switch. I have several that does not feed the ball in smooth. I will get a lot of ball bounce at the mouth, etc.

Thanks
    Coby
    ANYONE WHO HAS NEVER MADE A MISTAKE HAS NEVER TRIED ANYTHING NEW

Re: Accelerator ,s

The accelerator and the 'y' switch psitions are fixed by the steel plate and slots on the plate. There should be about 1 1/2" tolerance in the forward/back position on the accelerator.
    If it's forward, you may not have the 'y' switch button for the 'y' switch plate to sit on.
    Also, check the 'y' switch for side to side level - the kickbacks height can vary from one lane to the other can cause bouncy ball travel.
    And, you do need the bumpers preventing excessive travel of the switch so the ball will not wack the opposite side of the trough.
    This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Thunderman,

Do you have the Zot accelerator raise kit on your machines.If you don't I would strongly recommend

Tim

Comment

As a starting point, the front edge of the transition plate extends 3" past the rear edge of the accelerator pan. You can then fine tune it from there.
        Mark
        (919) 757-1789

Comment

when you say " ball bounce ", does accellerator
          jump a little when ball enters acellerator?
          if it does, then unit is sitting too low.
          i agree with tool. get the zots. it's easier
          to tweak out accelerator.

Comment

raise the accelerator... I did about 1/2 the machines before I left and it makes a big difference when having to adjust one out (much easier to catch the kick, both front and back). There will be a lot less tension on the big belt as well...

Bob

Comment

Sorry about not responding before now. I have the Zot kits on, Have the bumpers on etc, still have the side to side bounce.

Thanks
              Coby

Comment

Maybe the ball is traveling too fast going into the 'y'.

Comment

You might want to check the y-switch stop (12-502131).Over time it can get bent from people standing on it (don't ask why folks do that) and if it get's too far out of whack the y-switch will travel too far causing the balls to hit the lip of the pan and bounce.
                  I had to fix all of mine when i got to this place,but now no balls bouncing etc,nice and smooth.

Comment

Coby what type y switch do you have
                    Peanut

Comment

Originally posted by Ted:
                      Maybe the ball is traveling too fast going into the 'y'.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If so, how would you slow down ?
                      Coby

Comment

Do you have A-2 pulley on the AP motor? Everything was sped up to get leagues done sooner. The ball can be seen almost thrown up over the lift rod and land in the track. it will have more speed going into the 'y' switch.
                        Consider putting the 'jet back' pulley on, that also means changing the belts.
                        Also, consider slowing the accelerator by going to a v-belt and the smallest diameter pulley you can find on the accelerator motor.
                        but if you roll the ball down the track in the odd or even lane, and it looks like it doesn'd climb, drop or otherwise roll smoothly into the trough, it may just be going too fast and hitting the side of the trough - and 'bouncing' back and forth.
                        BUT - if it isn't damaging the ball, it doesn't get hung up, and gets through the rest of the accelerator ok - fugetaboutit.

Comment

Anybody ever use the backstop type of Y gate kits? I had problems with rattle box gates and converted them to the backstop type. Then had problems with the bolts that hold the backstop on breaking.

I did a modification where I welded a piece of angle iron on the back of the bearing holder and install 1/2 bolts through it for the left/right stop adjustments. No more rattle box transitions.

The plastic gate that came with the kits cured the problem of balls getting cut marks from the metal gates having sharp edges from wear on the bottom edge.

The shaft uses needle bearings that won't allow the front of the Y gate to drop down causing the light weight balls to jump-up and smack the back accerator pulley.

I dumped the over center cam plate and torsion spring that came with the kit, and drilled a hole through the spine of the plastic Y gate about 2 inches from the piviot shaft, hook a spring to it and pulled it to the right position so that light weight balls had a free run to the accelerator from the even lane ball track.

Also, make sure that the cylindical mounts that anchor the accelerator to the kickback haven't failed. This allows the accelerator to move left or right and will cause the rattle box banging.

Is the transition plate gromets in place and in good shape? Is the spring bolt in the belly pan in place and adjusted correctly?

With the machines off take a ball and push it slowly by hand into the accelerator. Check all contact points and transitions that the ball makes. Look at wear points, where the paint is worn off the track areas and see what the ball is hitting.

Ball transition and tranfer from one componet to the next should be smooth and quite. If not, it's time to find out why. Every installation is different, that's why there are shim washers, adjustment slots and alignment measurements that are needed and used to make machines work right. Find a pair of lanes that never cause a problem and see whats different between the perfect and problem pairs of lanes.

I use to tell my crew that if there was a problem with a machine and you can't find it, there's a whole bunch of examples of what it should be doing next door. By looking, listening, and feeling you can tell alot, unless it was electrical. In that case, it's probably not a good choice to feel for the problem. Some had to learn that the hard way, and sometimes more then once was neccesary, but it was fun to watch them learn the hard way sometimes. But once they did, they never forgot that machines are like women, they don't forgive very easily.

Such Is Life, and cheap entertainment!
                          BEER: It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Comment

jimlong...do you have a picture of that setup? Sounds interesting...
                            TSM & TSM Training Development
                            Main Event Entertainment
                            480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Which rubber mounts are you using under your accelerators? I've found pit frame mounts (11-675000) used there before. The accelerator mount is 10-675001. They're taller, and have one threaded end that's longer to get through both the thick washer it sits on and down into the channel nut.
                              -- Larry

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse