Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what's the best way

I know this has been covered before but I'll be damned if I can find it [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img] What is the best way to replace the left hand blocking finger because mine has rounded it self so time for new I'am goin to take turret apart anyway summer maint so if we can go from there Thanks kevin

Re: what's the best way

No real "best" way.

Put deck down at 270 setting new pins
    Remove roll pin and spacer next to right hand finger
    Slide right hand finger to 10 pin side enough to get at bolt in cross shaft.
    Remove bolt
    Collar will now rotate enough to remove RH finger spring
    Remove collar spring
    slide cross shaft toward 7 pin side enough to remove RH finger and collar
    IIRC, you can remove LH finger without removing the top half of the restricted drop linkage from the finger. Probably easiest to remove the bottom half though.

There's a thread from the last few weeks where Steve tells how to properly set the tension on the right finger after you put it all back together.

Have fun, I just did a RH finger a few days ago
    Find it http://www.bowltech.com/content/btub...141#Post266141

Comment

Be sure you are changing the finger for the right reason. the finger was manufactured with a slight curve to the bottom of the finger to allow the finger to move in an upward arc while the interlock probe is up against it. If it was squared off on the bottom, as the finger rises, the bottom would try to push the interlock probe forward and the pin in the 5 pin chute won't let that happen.
      TSM & TSM Training Development
      Main Event Entertainment
      480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Steve good call would help if I read the book sometimes had the restricted drop link at 3/8th instead of 1/32 guess that what happens when u think u know it all Thanks for the help and lesson always have the manual out know matter how long u been doing this Kevin

Comment

Don't feel bad...we all learn something new every day... [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
          TSM & TSM Training Development
          Main Event Entertainment
          480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse