Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pit Cushion

Hi Guys I have a question; Is the the pit cushion repairably if the bolt holes are so bad they are open to the side of the cushion and several other cracks in the metal? If not what new board would you use?

Re: Pit Cushion

Somebody makes a repair plate that can be welded to the cushion to cover that area. I thought it was EBN Services, but can't find it on their web site.

Comment

They were in the EBN catalog last time I looked. PM Ed Fox or call nim up
      Marty - Liberty Lanes
      56 Jap A-2's Qubica VDB's
      2 Kustodian Walkers
      http://s1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa408/a2mechanic

Comment

I just made one of the kits myself. I had the same problem and couldn't find the kit in any of my catalogs.

Comment

I just found it in the EBN catalog. No part number. They just call it "EBN cushion repair kit." I have these on both ends of one of my cushions and it's holding up.

Comment

Thank all of you for your help; this is what i needed to know.

Comment

Ive been rebuilding mine slowling over the last year. Most of our have been welded once but the weld was over the top of the crack and did not penetrate very well resulting in recracking. I have been grinding a groove following the crack about 3/16 deep and rewelding them to get better penetration. Also if the holes or crack go throught he mounting hole I weld up and redrill hole out. I weld one hole at a time so I can put a bolt through mounting bracket and drill other hole out so you have a better chance of getting holes back to original place.

Comment

http://www.ebnservices.com/ProductIn...ductid=12-2533
                Here is the link to the EBN kit. I have a pinsetter with these on, but I did have to use 11-005354 bolts to get enough length to mount the cushion.

Comment

Originally posted by mr.badwrench
                  http://www.ebnservices.com/ProductIn...ductid=12-2533
                  Here is the link to the EBN kit. I have a pinsetter with these on, but I did have to use 11-005354 bolts to get enough length to mount the cushion.
                  Just as a note to others...the 11-005354 bolt is a 3/8-16 thread while the original bolt is a 3/8-24 thread. The finer thread is used to help prevent the nuts from coming loose. Other than that there is nothing wrong with the 3/8-16 threaded bolts.
                  TSM & TSM Training Development
                  Main Event Entertainment
                  480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

I couldn't find a 3/8-24 the right length. Maybe EBN will upgrade the kit and sell bolts with it someday. So far, the bolts on this one haven't loosened.

Comment

Good point badwrench. Would like to see the bolts supplied with the kits.

I went to Ace Hardware and ordered the proper bolts 3/8-24 X 2 1/4". Wasn't all that expensive...ordered a box of 50. When we run out...we will order another box as we will eventually need 192 of them.
                      Main Event Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by mr.badwrench
                        Somebody makes a repair plate that can be welded to the cushion to cover that area. I thought it was EBN Services, but can't find it on their web site.

Found a kit on Scripps Northstar's site.

Part number is NS12-35200

No price listed for the kit but comes with hardware for an additional $2.00.

-- Larry

Comment

FWIW.... the OEM bolts are 3/8-24 x 2-1/16". Which was designed to be just long enough for a nyloc nut to grab the bolt with minimal amount of thread exposed. Going to a 2-1/4" bolt isn't a real issue since there's plenty of room for them.

If you use a repair plate you'll need to add the thickness of the plate in to the bolt length used. 2-1/4 may still be just long enough.

I haven't tried them yet, but I'm considering switching to stover style top lock nuts when I begin to go through my cushions. I used a flanged version on the plank bolts when I rebuilt 82/70 cushions and they never came loose.
                          -- Larry

Comment

Larry...I think I started the welding process there and bought a box of bolts from an Ace Hardware down the road. Somewhere on Thunderbird around 59th or something. The box may still be there. Look around part number 10-009001-000 if not in the box already.
                            Main Event Entertainment

Comment

If you use the 3/8-16, add a lock washer, that will give you added security. I do the same on my lift rods. PJ
                              I'm going fishing and camping!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse