the convenient foot control while having both your hands
    free to guide the cover on to your lift rods. This convenient
    tool comes with a 6 foot inlet and 6 foot outlet hose to allow
    plenty of unrestricted work area.

Quality products part #

38-4049
    Deluxe Rubber Ball Lift Rod
    Cover Installation Tool

Also known as the puffanator works awesome and easy to use can do lift rods in minutes some people use baby powder some use dawn dish soap with this tool the only part thats tuff is the first curve but once past that you pump the foot peddal and it glides on nice an easy with little or no trouble at all can do as many as you want and not even break a sweat!

Really love that tool heres the pdf file for the part number if needed!

http://www.brunswickbowling.com/uplo...lity_33-43.pdf
    Thank You All! For All the prayers and and the out pouring of good spirits in my time of need greatly appreciated!

Comment

Re: lift rod covers

I use the urethane rod covers as they have been on about 9 years and still look great. They slip right on and easy to rotate once on so they last longer.
      I have the air tool mentioned above and it does work but would suggest investing in the urethane covers so you only need to change them once every 10 years or so.
      Drill

David Bolt
      Champaign, IL
      USBC Silver Coach
      IBPSIA BOD
      IBPSIA Advanced
      Technical Certified
      Pro Shops

Comment

this link to some other techniques maybe helpful to you as well

http://www.bowltech.com/forums/showt...130#post107130

however you choose just keep at it the end result is a plus to keep ball calls down and bowlers happy!
        Thank You All! For All the prayers and and the out pouring of good spirits in my time of need greatly appreciated!

Comment

No one seems to make urethane or foam covers for A's lift rods,

Mike
          DO A NEAT CLEAN JOB, AND FIX IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. THE ONLY WAY TO WORK.

Comment

Having m.s. there are alot of things that I cannot do now and most things are 10 times harder than they used to be. I pretty much cant us my right hand very well so I have had to fine different ways to do things. I have always used an air compressor attached to the cover, cleaned the rods well, and put baby powder on the rods and inside the cover. I do not have a foot pedal tool but plan on getting one. Even with someone working the air hose for me I no longer have the strength to pull the cover on. The other day I saw 2 covers that needed to be replaced so I cut them off and got everything ready to blow on when my night man arrived. Then I remembered a tool I saw years ago to put on covers. The closest thing I could find was a cast jogger arm without the large end bearing but with both internal snap rings still in it. Slipped it over the rod cover and blew the cover up to the top turn ,used the air with my bad hand and used the jogger arm to grip and ratchet the cover over the top and the rest of the way down. Finished that one and went and did the other. If I had a foot pedal I could say I did it one handed. It in no way was as easy as having 2 strong arms but for anyone that has trouble it might be something you might try.
            formerly dunsel
            ITS NOT HOW MUCH YOU KNOW ITS HOW MUCH YOU CARE!!!!!

Comment

that foot petal tool is probaly very nice, but we have priced it at over $100.
              here's what i did. went to home depot, bought some pipe fittings that fit inside the rod rubber, a little t-valve quick shut off. put them together, hook 'em to your compressor. its not a 1 handed tool, but its great for the price of about $10

Comment

Originally posted by Drillmn300
                I use the urethane rod covers as they have been on about 9 years and still look great. They slip right on and easy to rotate once on so they last longer.
                I have the air tool mentioned above and it does work but would suggest investing in the urethane covers so you only need to change them once every 10 years or so.
                10 Years? Man I missed the boat on that. The last few years, the old tan gum rubber just doesnt seem to be holding up like it used to in the past. I think I will have to give them another look at. What about rocket rails ??

Marty - Liberty Lanes
                56 Jap A-2's Qubica VDB's
                2 Kustodian Walkers
                http://s1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa408/a2mechanic

Comment

Rocket Rails anyone??
                  56 Jap A-2's Qubica VDB's
                  2 Kustodian Walkers
                  http://s1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa408/a2mechanic

Comment

I've used them on one lane. They seemed to work well, however the center burnt down before I could judge their longevity.

Only complaint was that the zip ties tended to break more often than I liked.
                    <span style="font-style: italic">Sometimes it is best to use good advice from many individuals to achieve the ultimate result.</span>

Comment

Instead of baby powder I started using a product called glide. It comes in a can that you attach a spray bottle nozzle to. I shoot some on the lift rod and down into the new cover. With this stuff you can almost push it on without using air. I've been using it for a couple of years now. I haven't seen any sign of premature splitting due to the product eating the inside of cover.

Comment

We use WD-40! Worked for years with regular wear and tear.
                        [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
                        Cody C. Stone. Frame Maker Intl.

Comment

Blo-'em on, withyour air compressor
                          If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it.&quot; -W.C.Fields

Comment

Would you have any manufacture infomation on the glide that you use.
                            Steve H

Comment

i would like to know as well. if it makes it easier, why not.

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse