Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• used pit cushion

anyone got a spare pit cushion, a2 style, they want to part with for good price?

got one with a 8" long crack that is also missing lots of the padding and has an exposed metal edge on the bottom. need a new one, dont want to pay new price.

Re: used pit cushion

I have 8, but you're too far away!!!
    jonesborobowl.com

Comment

Are they in good condition? I could use a couple of those.
      Steve H

Comment

got admit i'd rather try to see if someone from cali has got one, but at worst even with shipping costs its gotta beat the new price.
        i'm considering one of these:
        http://www.ebnservices.com/ProductIn...12-252012-000S
        but i doubt it will last, and sooner or later that crack will spread if i dont do something about it. and that would require removal in order to weld safely. if i'm removing it, i'd just as soon replace it.
        i may be able to get a pic or two before it gets covered up.

Comment

Yes,Good condition. They need a pressure washer shower before they travel.
          jonesborobowl.com

Comment

CThomas:
            EBN also makes a weldment repair for the A/2 cushion, goes over existing holes and is large enough to cover the distances most top cracks take. I just installed 12 lanes worth, took a day and saved $7000. Look them over.
            Roscoe
            rfm

Comment

dont think welding would be an issue, what i'm more worried about is the rubber padding on it being in such bad shape. its a 2 in 1 problem.

the crack is on the top of cushion. from the edge to about 8" in. located right near where the curtain mount is on the cushion. i would have to worry about the near by rubber if i welded it, but i dont think there is any issue around the mounting holes. their repair kits for welding seem to be concentrated on the hole area wheere it mounts.

Comment

Cliff:

Repairing top cracks, just put a piece of round steel rod of the correct size to fit the round (measure diameter of a turret support rod, they work good) in the inside and weld down both sides of it. Just make sure you clamp the crack closed before you do. Lasts forever.

A little bit of fire when welding cushions is a badge of honor ... but it does stink quite a bit under the hood.
                Find it http://www.bowltech.com/content/btub...141#Post266141

Comment

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/items/5A459
                  Might be a cure for the worn rubber.

I weld a bit at a time and use a spray bottle of water to put the fire out.

Comment

Flexane works great, just mix it smear it and I usually cover it with thin leather to keep it in place while drying and leave it on. grind out the old rubber so you can weld from both sides. the only time I pitch a cushion is if it cracks vertically in the middle. I've never had luck plating and welding these and lasting for any time.
                    <--- Start 'em young!

Comment

i'll have to check out the flexane. looks like a much better choice than neoprene rubber for a long life.

whats the fun in welding if you dont have some fire?
                      lol

a vertical crack sown the middle would be a very diffucult fix. wouldnt even bother trying without planning on adding some angle iron to the back. and then your gonna burn up a LOT of the padding.

http://www.ebnservices.com/ProductIn...12-252012-000S
                      has anyone tried that cover?
                      we are needing to order one cover to give us a spare again. should we spend the extra $27 on that one?

Comment

Here's a nice trick. I use my tig welder and turn it to about 150 amps. I stand on the foot feed and play it all over the back of the cushion in the area I have to weld not stopping in one place long enough to actually melt anything (I really keep it moving). I work on an area typically as large as the area you have to get the rubber loose if the cushion cracks from the top mount hole, diagonally all the way to the bottom and breaks: maybe about 10 inches square. About 5 minutes of this is all it takes to melt the rubber where it bonds to the metal enough to peel the whole area back, and then, of course, you can weld it!!!
                        My finding is don't even bother trying to weld if you dont get the rubber and the steel in seperate worlds... [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/burningmad.gif[/img]
                        AND take the thing OUTSIDE [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif[/img]
                        For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive

Comment

whenever possible i weld away from the machines. dont need to risk fires anymore than totally nessacry.
                          something as easy to remove as the cushion is definetly an out of the machine job.
                          outside for ventilation is better, but i have no way to keep spectators from burning their eyes out. and i have seen mommy telling her 4 year old to go ahead and watch before (i told somewhat politely how bad an idea that was).

Comment

Originally posted by BrunsProGrammer
                            Here's a nice trick. I use my tig welder and turn it to about 150 amps. I stand on the foot feed and play it all over the back of the cushion in the area I have to weld not stopping in one place long enough to actually melt anything (I really keep it moving). I work on an area typically as large as the area you have to get the rubber loose if the cushion cracks from the top mount hole, diagonally all the way to the bottom and breaks: maybe about 10 inches square. About 5 minutes of this is all it takes to melt the rubber where it bonds to the metal enough to peel the whole area back, and then, of course, you can weld it!!!
                            My finding is don't even bother trying to weld if you dont get the rubber and the steel in seperate worlds... [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/burningmad.gif[/img]
                            AND take the thing OUTSIDE [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif[/img]
                            Interesting. I might have to try that..only with an acetylene torch. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

I've been using cut up old scrap accelerator supports (we're zot converted) for reinforcement.

Also be sure to grind out the cracks for good weld penetration.
                            <span style="font-style: italic">Sometimes it is best to use good advice from many individuals to achieve the ultimate result.</span>

Comment

Quote:]Interesting. I might have to try that..only with an acetylene torch. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]
                              Great, Adam, let me know how it goes? I have been curious. I used to peel em back working for hours with knives and chisels and what have you. What a nightmare that was!
                              For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse