Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turrent belt

long turrent belt stops turning i touch it and then it works for a while help

Re: turrent belt

Is the belt in good condition? If not it may stick where it goes round the small drive pulley on the elevator especially if you are using a toothed belt, make sure there are no "strings" hanging off the belt which could get snagged up also you may not have enough tension on the long spring from the idler pulleys near the motor - but only increase this enough to maintain the drive on the belt.
    Make sure that the belt is running in ALL the pulleys. If you have put a new belt on they often will not "grab" on the small drive pulley until they become more flexible.

Comment

I've seen that once. One of the slow speed pulleys had a bearing going bad that added just a little extra friction. A new pulley cured it.

Comment

If the belt idles are froze up, the ones on motor mount, it could allow the tension to fluctuate after indexing and slip.
        Peanut

Comment

Years ago I dealt with the exact scenario Peanut describes,the motor mount belt idler freezing up on occasion.

I was able to fabricate nylon bushings for this pivot by taking the nylon bushing from a pit idler kit and cutting it in half,then coming up with a good bolt/locknut configuration to hold the idler down. Problem solved.
          "You can't burn out if you have never been on fire"

Comment

Also if the tensioner spring is installed wrong and contacting the pulleys you will get extra tension and with enough time maybe some problems.

Comment

All good post,

I have also seen the small drive pulley on the jack shaft for that belt have large worn grooves in the V and cause it to slip...

Mike
              DO A NEAT CLEAN JOB, AND FIX IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. THE ONLY WAY TO WORK.

Comment

Check the small drive pulley to see if the belt is bottoming out in the pulley. if it is...it can slip. Check it by doing this...(this is not the same pulley, but the idea is the same)

TSM & TSM Training Development
                Main Event Entertainment
                480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Thats a good visual aid there Steve and a good point!
                  Thank You All! For All the prayers and and the out pouring of good spirits in my time of need greatly appreciated!

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse