Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ball accelerator electrical problems

alright, so i had a ball accelerator motor go out the other day. pulled it and put in our only spare, got the wiring into the motor right but in my haste i didn't check the rest of the wiring to see what may have burnt it up. came in and last night i guess the new one went out too. i couldn't find a problem with any of the wiring where the cannon plugs from a/b go in and the shut off switch is. could there be a problem going into the control box? like the lv acelerator control cable goes in? i couldn't find any schematics of that in the control box in my books. should i check the two relays in the accelerator control box again?

see im not sure about the relays, because with both machines on it still won't turn on and it only takes on of them to turn it on, so yeah. also... how can i manually try to push in the reset button on the motor, book says they have an overload breaker and a reset switch... can't find it... its a newish GE one, would it maybe be hidden inside the casing of the motor?

Re: ball accelerator electrical problems

Are your motors wired 110 or 220 volts?
    Peanut

Comment

may not be anything wrong with the motor. usually
      there is a red klixon switch to reset the motor(button).
      should be on the rear side of the motor(opposite the
      pulley side). i have seen them on the same side but most
      are on the opposite side. i would check each cable from
      the power box to the accelerator box. if these cables are
      around moving parts they can get cut into and short. also
      check your relay wiring. expose wires inside the box can
      short out. also check the relay coils with a volt meter.
      the coil should read about 115 ohms or so.(some where around that reading) if the coils have a low ohm number ,they are shot.
      also check the breaker for that accelerator to see if it
      had been tripped. if so you do have a short in the hv end.
      let us know what you find.

Comment

I have seen on some cradle mounted motors the motor can be turned to a point where it hides the button?
        Peanut

Comment

very possible. been a few years since i've worked
          with accelerators but the wiring is pretty much the same.
          re wiring that box and putting in new relays wouldn't
          be a bad idea.

Comment

If the capacitor has a foam circle on the end, klixon is behind it. check voltage at drop plug between center (ground) and each hot leg, you could be missing one leg.

Comment

they say 115/230v 6.6/3.3a, i dont know so much about them so i can't tell you for sure, any characteristics that i could spot to tell?

Comment

alright, the reset worked. tommorrow i'll be in here to check over whatever suggestions you guys have posted in here. thanks a lot for the help you guys.

Comment

glad you got it going.

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse