Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shotgun spring

just wondering if any one has had trouble with the inner spring breaking on the shotgun. seems like lately i have been having a lot break. just random machines that haven't made any changes to effect the shotgun. have had about 10 break in the past 2-3 months. just wondering.

thanks mike d

Re: shotgun spring

I HAVE JUST REMOVED INNER SPRING AND RUN WITH OUTER SPRING ONLY

AS LONG AS MOUSE TRIP IS OPERATING AND LUBED PROPERLY BY THAT I MEAN KEEP CHECKING FOR BAD HARDWARE AND THE LIKE

J M H O -- 2 SPRINGS THAR WAS AN OVER KILL I THINK THAT IF PM IS MAINTAINED TO SYSTEM ALLS WELL

NOT SAY WHAN REBUILDING ONE 2 SPRINGS ARE INSTALLED

I HAVE SOME THAT HAVE BEN WORKING WITH ONE SPRING FOR OVER 15 YEARS

Comment

Me too. I have several shotguns running with one spring.

All the spring does is keep pressure on the cam follower in contact with the cam.

As Bill says, PM helps.

Comment

Considering the potential damage that may occur I'd rather replace the inexpensive inner spring in my time, not down time.

My opinion.
        Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
        Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
        Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
        Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

thanks guys just wondering what you guys had to say.

thanks mike d

Comment

you are referring to the shotgun for the rake? (sorry, there are so many different names for so many different parts) If so, to exactly which spring are you referring to?

Comment

Yes. The shaft for the rake trip latch assembly has an inner and an outer spring. They're discussing removing only the inner spring.
              Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
              Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
              Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
              Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

In over 20 years, the only spring to go bad with that was the little spring that closes that latch after it was tripped

Comment

I've had many of the inner springs break, I just replace them. No big deal.

jbd always use the proper nomenclacture, from the book that way nobody wonders what you are talkning about....

Comment

**jDb

lol

Comment

I've replaced maybe 10 or 15 in the past 30yrs. In my observations of the rake assembly, including the Rake Latch or "Shotgun" as some prefer to call it. Its usually related to a bad or incorrectly adjusted Shock Absorber on the Rake Shaft Assembly. But in saying that,as with all good things over time they just simply seem to wear out or break,and usually with the worst of timing...

Happy ThanksGiving
                      A2ztech
                      Do Your Best and God Will Do The Rest

Comment

Most of the time the innser springs can wera into from the larger and smaller spring coils overlaping at the bottom of shotgun. the overlaping over time can breal the spring. this happens worse in centers where the sdhotguns are adjusted shorter. (less area for spring when shotgun is collasped)
                        The overlaping also causes the rake to drop very slow the last few inches of the drop.
                        Peanut

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse