Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cross conveyor belts

i need to desperately change the CC belts on lane 2. i can't find any instructions on how to do that in any book(s) i have. anybody have some somewhat detailed instructions on how to do this? thanks in advance!
    [email protected] | jsebeny <--YouTube | Cell: 309-275-2453

Re: cross conveyor belts

Loosen two bolts on bottom of cc drive pulley, take pry bar and push lower pulley assy. forward, this should give you enough room to swap out. Re-tighten in reverse. Keep pressure one belts with pry bar as you tighten.
    SPCLOSUIT

Comment

You will also need to take the long turret belt tension spring off, remove the cc drive belt and pinweel switch.
      Once the j-bolts and the two sliders are loose, the rear should move freely.
      Now You've Gone And Done It!
      See What You Went And Did!
      What A Thing To Go And Do!

Comment

Take off the cross conveyor drive belt. Grab the cross conveyor belt with one hand near the lower pulley and with the other hand turn the pulley that you took the cross conveyor drive pulley off of. As you turn the pulley pull the cross conveyor belt off the bottom pulley. Watch out for your fingers. You can also use a screwdriver to help get the belt off the bottom pulley. There are two bolts that take a 1/2 inch wrench on the bottom of the cross conveyor that you may have to loosen and adjust the bottom pulley if the new belts are a different length than the ones you took off. On some older machines you will have to also remove the cross conveyor micro switch.

Comment

my procedure, works great.

remove plug, lockout.

remove the CC microswitch and let hang.

loosen the 2 j-bolt nuts, and the 2 bolts on the CC

remove CC drive belt, let hang. no need to remove long turret belt. just let the CC drive hang out of the way.

remove cogged belts. replace with new.

i tension with a pipe-wrench.

Comment

remember...don't OVERTIGHTEN belts. keep some tension on them. what i look for is enough tension to keep the belts off the cross frame.

Comment

you shouldn't have to disconnect the cc microswitch or take the long turret drive belt loose. tha 2 cc belts are free of those
              devices. as a couple of guys here referred to is that you
              loosen the j bolts and the cap screws of the turn pan assembly
              and cc bracket. if the cc microswitch is in the way then
              remove it and put the belts on. the cc microswitch should be
              put back in the position that doesn't interfere with the belts.
              if you have A machines then you have tension pullies that you
              have remove the springs underneath the turn pan. in that case you don't want to take a lever to tighten all the way back.
              the tension pulles are there to clear the ball track on the odd
              lane side. if you have a2's then you take the pry bar and move
              it back until taught because it will clear the odd lane ball
              track. tighten the bolts and then tighten the j bolts on the
              turn pan assembly. takes about 5 minutes. then check you pin gate adjustment after that. hope this helps.

Comment

A few of the early machines you do have to remove cc microswitch.
                Brent V
                Hi-tech Repairs-Duck tape &amp; ty raps

Comment

Converted Jetbacks ya do....

Comment

i had one lane that the cc switch wiring went through teh cc belt, belt had apperently been rubbing the wiring for it too.
                    belt was so bad i just cut it off. new one went right on and doesnt touch the belt.

some of the newer belts may not have the same height as the older betls you may have. my older betls have a 1" height, new ones of the brands ive tried are 3/4". ive had some diffuculty with the pins sitting too low and the belts not grabbing them, especially over the pin gate. ive had to put some of them on backwards, where the beveled edge is to the outside instead.

i havent had to unbolt anything to get the belts off or on. just take off the drive belt, start getting it over the edge of the pulley while turning it by hand. pops right off most times, sometimes i have to play with the turn pan to get clearance. but i havent had to unbolt anything.

tensioners, half of mine have them, half dont. most times a new belt wont fit over them and ive had to remove them. so long as the belts get driven and dont slip on pulleys, especially when loaded with pins, there is enough tension.

use of screwdrivers on pulleys can be risky. especially alum pulleys. get a good scratch in it and it will shorten the belts life.

Comment

well, i got the belts changed. that was retardedly easy. the pins still slip a little. need to add some tension, but all is well. thanks guys for the help!
                      [email protected] | jsebeny <--YouTube | Cell: 309-275-2453

Comment

In about two weeks you'd want to check the belt tension. I press down on a pin as it travels up the cross conveyor; if the belts stop then you know you need more tension.
                        Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
                        Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
                        Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
                        Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

If the pins are slipping on the belt more tension won't help. Cleaning the belts may make them work for you.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnSebeny
                            well, i got the belts changed. that was retardedly easy. the pins still slip a little. need to add some tension, but all is well. thanks guys for the help!
                            if a mr bw suggested, the pins are slipping on the belt themselves, more tension wont help.
                            cleaning them might, but if new they shouldnt be dirty yet. you may need to flip them backwards as i have had to do with some so they lift the pin higher out of the CC and get a better grip on it. by backwards i mean beveled edge pin normally rides to the outside and square edge in contact with pin.

Comment

The last pair of new cross conveyor belts I installed had to be cleaned frequently for the first few days then were fine. They are the tan top belts and had been hanging on my wall for a few years.

Originally posted by Cliff
                              you may need to flip them backwards as i have had to do with some so they lift the pin higher out of the CC and get a better grip on it. by backwards i mean beveled edge pin normally rides to the outside and square edge in contact with pin.
                              I have some very worn ones running this way. I've never done it with new ones but it's a good way to get a few more years out of old ones.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse