Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I REALLY do not like messy wires...

The title says it all. I hate hate hate working with a messy electrical box with useless wiring strewn about in them. So, this summer I was thinking about cleaning them up a bit since I've already got almost 1/2 of the machines changed over to relays for the time delay.

Since doing the time delay delete I thought it would be a good idea to clean up some more wiring in the electrical box that isn't in use. I've seen many a centers with very few wires running through them and that's what I'd like to accomplish. Right now I'm running 32 lanes. 16 are A-2 Americans and 16 are A-2 Japs all on 230 Volts. We also have QAMF scoring (T-Vision with VDB's up front behind the TVs).

My ultimate question is what can I eliminate from the electrical box? What can I upgrade to make it nicer to work in. HOW CAN I CLEAN THESE DAMN THINGS UP!

Re: I REALLY do not like messy wires...

best bet would be to PM "masternut" on here. he is the God of wiring up electrical boxes.
    jsebeny1980@gmail.com | jsebeny <--YouTube | Cell: 309-275-2453

Comment

Masternut is definitely the man to talk to
      her is one of his:

I been using this pic as a base when replacing some of my
      older federal pacific contactors.

Hope you don't mind me using your pic masternut.

tim
      Go with what works and not what the book says.

Comment

LOL, I think I recognize those masking units!
        Call if you need help. I may not answer but I will return your call when I get back. 757-653-7230

Comment

Honestly I like that pic I am impressed. Electrical, electronics, and computer software development is a passion of mine. I have an old electrical box at home that I am tryin to make swapable so limited down time if something burns up. I would love to know who made that relay setup or where I can get one.
          BEWARE: Head Mechanic has tools and a temper
          CAUTION: Irritate me at your own risk
          http://www.bowltech.com/forums/impor...2012/laugh.gif

Comment

Originally posted by strikezonemech
            I have an old electrical box at home that I am trying to make swappable so limited down time if something burns up...
            Kind of like an AMF chassis? That'd be cool. I tried that once using molex connectors. Sounded good in theory, but didn't work out so well on the machine as I had to deal with constant bad connections due to vibrations and it didn't look so good either due to the limited space in the area where the box ties into the wire channel.

I still feel it is a sound idea. It should make replacing the box probably a 5 minute job. I am interested in seeing what you come up with.
            <span style="font-style: italic">Sometimes it is best to use good advice from many individuals to achieve the ultimate result.</span>

Comment

http://www.molex.com/molex/products/fami...wire_connectors

Eventually when I get to doing electrical boxes I wanted to do a quick connect for the boxes for easy swapping. Maybe 1 larger multi-wire connector would be less likely to disconnect. Or the use of locking connectors
              Nick

Comment

Cybernetic Solutions made a replacement electrical box that would mount under the work platform. It was wired using XLR connectors if I remember...making it easily replaceable.
                TSM & TSM Training Development
                Main Event Entertainment
                480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Here is some of my handy work. (I LOVE ELECTRICAL STUFF)

"Efficiency is, doing better what is already being done!"
                  Pinsetter Technical Services 214-505-7663

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Stafford (JBEES)
                    Cybernetic Solutions made a replacement electrical box that would mount under the work platform. It was wired using XLR connectors if I remember...making it easily replaceable.
                    Steve, I have been wanting this for my machine. Do they still make them? Do you have any (contact) info or pictures. Please send to me.
                    "Efficiency is, doing better what is already being done!"
                    Pinsetter Technical Services 214-505-7663

Comment

Very nice Lonnie

MIke
                      DO A NEAT CLEAN JOB, AND FIX IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. THE ONLY WAY TO WORK.

Comment

Mine are a work in progress right now. I've redone 10, have to go back and redo the first 2 I did because I changed some things up.

First one I rewired:

What they look like now:

Depending on the age of your machines, I would strongly suggest changing the wiring out in the channels while you're at it, and also to your motor, and pinlight. I've found blackout switches on my machines that are useless b/c the wiring is dryrotted and shorted within itself, and I had a motor just last week where the powercord shorted within itself due to dryrot.

Comment

Originally posted by drhookmec
                          Masternut is definitely the man to talk to
                          her is one of his:

I been using this pic as a base when replacing some of my
                          older federal pacific contactors.

Hope you don't mind me using your pic masternut.

tim

Sure man!
                          Here is a few before pics...this was an 40 minute in house conversion.

Peanut

Comment

Masternut, didn't I read on here at one time you either had a class, book, video, or something we could buy for that conversion? I wouldn't mind seeing what you've done different and possibly implementing to mine. I must admit that I've used that above pic of yours as a starting point..

I still prefer the cube style relays over the solid state ones though, in case of failure, no need to mess with the wiring to change one out.

Comment

i wouldn't mind buying a video if you were to make one. hell, i'd take a class if i could find the time.
                              jsebeny1980@gmail.com | jsebeny <--YouTube | Cell: 309-275-2453

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse