Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgraded Motor Contactor

Hey all. Just had a motor contactor go on one of our machines. I remember seeing new cube relays or solid state contactors we could replace them with. Anybody got a part number / wiring schematic. We've got 208v A-2's w/ I believe 3-pole contactors. I appreciate the help

Image added for featuring
    panel.png
    Last edited by Mike Wilson; 02-13-2019, 06:45 PM. Reason: Image added by Bowl-Tech for featuring

There is at least 1 thread in the Brunswick Pinsetters forum about this. Try switching to ice cubes.
    (Psalm 37:29) The righteous themselves will possess the earth, And they will reside forever upon it.

Comment

We're already replacing the time delays and motor start relays with ice cubes, but I thought there was a different relay to use for the motor contactor.

Comment

There are a variety of relays that can be used but the choice is limited due to the high current draw. Here is what I currently use...it is a 4 pole and I connect two poles to each other to create a 2 pole high current relay.

1FC15 Relay and 1EHX2 relay base

(Grainger site is currently down so I will post images later)

Here is a picture of the relay installed...it is the left relay of the pair that mounted on the back wall of the electrical box.

Here is a link to a thread about a solid state setup...

http://www.bowltech.com/forum/pinset...otor-contactor

...and one more thread.

http://www.bowltech.com/forum/pinset...electrical-box

Hope all that helps.
        Last edited by Steve Stafford (JBEES); 08-24-2012, 10:03 PM.
        TSM & TSM Training Development
        Main Event Entertainment
        480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Thanks Steve. Gonna try and order a few next month. Couple questions though:

1.) How would I wire that contactor in if our machines have 3-pole Fed Pacific contactors?

2.) Whats that relay to the right of it, and the ones lined up on the top of your box?

Comment

what are those up above that... circuit breakers?
            jsebeny1980@gmail.com | jsebeny <--YouTube | Cell: 309-275-2453

Comment

Originally posted by witty690 View Post
              1.) How would I wire that contactor in if our machines have 3-pole Fed Pacific contactors?
              You would eliminate one of the contacts, double up the the connections on the relay base as in this picture. I can get you a set of instructions for changing from the Federal Pacific. Same basic instructions that Brunswick supplies when you change out a Federal Pacific or Allen Bradley to a Deltrol. Just a couple of minor changes.

Originally posted by witty690 View Post
              2.) Whats that relay to the right of it, and the ones lined up on the top of your box?
              The relay to the right is the motor start relay. There are no relays on the top of the box...those are circuit breakers. One for each of the high voltage circuits in the pinsetter.
              1. Transformer coils
              2. Deck light
              3. Selenium rectifier
              4. Cycle solenoid
              5. Motor contactor coil
              Main Event Entertainment

Comment

Just for info sake Steve (cause I thought you had Japs) what are you doing about an overload relay (if you have motors with no thermals on them)

Marty - Pro Bowl West
                56 Jap A-2's Qubica VDB's
                2 Kustodian Walkers
                http://s1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa408/a2mechanic

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Stafford (JBEES) View Post
                  You would eliminate one of the contacts, double up the the connections on the relay base as in this picture. I can get you a set of instructions for changing from the Federal Pacific. Same basic instructions that Brunswick supplies when you change out a Federal Pacific or Allen Bradley to a Deltrol. Just a couple of minor changes.

The relay to the right is the motor start relay. There are no relays on the top of the box...those are circuit breakers. One for each of the high voltage circuits in the pinsetter.
                  1. Transformer coils
                  2. Deck light
                  3. Selenium rectifier
                  4. Cycle solenoid
                  5. Motor contactor coil
                  what exactly is the purpose of that setup? is that so the breakers trip before the part itself (transformer, rectifier, etc) fails? if so... that is pretty smart!
                  jsebeny1980@gmail.com | jsebeny <--YouTube | Cell: 309-275-2453

Comment

Originally posted by Marty Murphy View Post
                    Just for info sake Steve (cause I thought you had Japs) what are you doing about an overload relay (if you have motors with no thermals on them)

Marty - Pro Bowl West
                    Marty...Japanese machines are not the only machines I work on.

On machines with overloads...the overloads are mounted below the motor contactor and motor start relay.
                    Here is a picture a little further along in the series of building this electrical box.
                    The overload is below the contactor and relay.
                    I used a Japanese overload as I prefer them over the American version.

Main Event Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by JohnSebeny View Post
                      what exactly is the purpose of that setup? is that so the breakers trip before the part itself (transformer, rectifier, etc) fails? if so... that is pretty smart!
                      Many times mechanics have issues trying to determine what tripped the 1 amp fuse...this will point them in the general direction of which circuit is causing the issue.
                      Main Event Entertainment

Comment

Eliminates the need for a fuse and makes troubleshooting so much easier.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Stafford (JBEES) View Post
                          I used a Japanese overload as I prefer them over the American version.

I was hoping you would put a pic on here - I assume that that overload is no longer available? I have that style in most of my machines now but dont have any spares. So what would be my options for a replacement? And what exactly is that dial on the right side of the overload designed to do? (see if the info I got from some else is what he told me) Thanks Steve.

Marty - Pro Bowl West
                          2 Kustodian Walkers

Comment

Marty...the overload is available through Brunswick. 12-782218
                            Old green parts book...page 231...in the middle of the electrical box. Only issue is there no number going to it to link it to a part number...but if you look at the motor start relay, you will see that there are two numbers pointing at it. 16 and 17. 17 is the motor start relay and 16 is the thermal overload. Now comes the bad news...it is almost $300.00. But I like them...so I would buy them...but I have 32 spares so I shouldn't be in need any time soon.

The dial on the side? To increase the amount of current that can pass through the heater before it will trip. Hope that helps...
                            Main Event Entertainment

Comment

http://www.brunswickbowling.com/down...vrld_Relay.pdf

Steve, most of my machines have the overload that you pictured above, but a few have a different style (as pictured in the service bulletin above) I can say I have been here 3 plus years and for the first time had to mess with one of those things, I have to replace one of the other styles (service bulletin one, but have some of those on hand) I was able to order one from Classic (they had in stock) so I will be safe for awhile.
                              Thanks for the part number,

Marty - Pro Bowl West
                              2 Kustodian Walkers

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Oil in gutters

I have a Kustodian ion Lane machine. I have recently replaced the oil tip assembly and hose. Recently I have been noticing about every couple feet in the gutters I am getting...

C1 Pinout drawing

Finished the C1 drawing.

The base for this came from a drawing made by Felix dated 2006.

Thanks Felix.

If you see any...

CCD Processor Move by Masternut

These are pictures submitted by "MASTERNUT" of a project in his bowling center where he moved his CCD processor boards from the location on the capping to the curtain...
                              Working...
                              X