Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blowing 1 amp fuses

i have a pinsetter that is blowing it's 1 amp fuses. all the screws have been tightened. motor contactor closes and that's when it blows. i have had this issue plenty of times and always end up replacing motor start relay, motor contactor and it eventually gets fixed by just replacing parts. so, i am asking for some diagnostic help on this problem. these are the old motor start relays and an old pacific motor contactor. any advise will be deeply appreciated. thank you

Either the selenium rectifier , pin light balast and/or pinlite wiring start by unpluging pinlite then move to rectifier by disengaging one of the ac wires to rectifier. If you have NPS system a bad solonoid will take out the 1 amp but only when the solonoid fires.The fault is in the 115VAC circuit
    rfm

Comment

The trick to solving this issue is to disconnect each item that can blow the 1 amp fuse...turn the machine on to be sure nothing blows...then reattach each item one at a time and turn the machine back on until the fuse blows again. When it blows again...the last thing you hooked up will be your culprit.

Items that can blow the 1 amp fuse:
      Later style motor contactor coil. (Since you stated you have the Federal Pacific contactor...this will no doubt NOT be your issue. )
      Rectifier circuit...which also includes the magnetic clutch.
      Deck light

As Roscoe stated, you should disconnect each item...unplug the deck light and disconnect the rectifier. I would disconnect both legs going to the rectifier as rectifiers usually short to ground and either leg can lead to that short. If you can turn the switches on without blowing the 1 amp fuse...go ahead and plug the deck light in next to see if ti blows. If not...you probably have a bad rectifier...but it could still be in the actual magnetic clutch. Unplug the clutch from the wire channel and hook the rectifier back up.

Your bio states you have telescores...so you do not have any scoring? Right?

Let us know what you find.
      TSM & TSM Training Development
      Main Event Entertainment
      480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

might sound dumb but check your 1 and 2 ball light I had a bulb that would short out and take the 1 amp out

Comment

old style telescores that work took a long time for me to get them operating. i will keep you all up with what i find out.

Comment

update. was the magnetic clutch. the power cord was old and dry rotted the insulation on the wires crumbled causing a short.

Comment

Originally posted by JB1975 View Post
              might sound dumb but check your 1 and 2 ball light I had a bulb that would short out and take the 1 amp out
              There must have been another short somewhere else. The ball lights are isolated from the high voltage section by the transformer. What you saw was the results, not the source of the issue.

Comment

I'd find myself a 1 amp in-line breaker and use alligator clips across the fuse holder 'till I found the issue. Glad you found it.
                This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

or just spend the 16 bucks and replace the fuse holder with a 1amp breaker. fuses are only going to get more costly.

Comment

16 bucks for a breaker? I buy them for just under $5 from Allied
                    Main Event Entertainment

Comment

so cal it was the number 1 bulb the lite would go out then the fuse would blow replaced the bulb all good

Comment

It is possible for the low side of a transformer to blow the high side fuse if the high side fuse is a fast acting fuse...or at least faster than the slow blow fuse on the low side. The current the high side draws is dependent on how much current the low side is also drawing. If the low side spikes real high and quickly...the high side needs to draw the appropriate current to supply the low side. This added current can blow the high side fuse if it reacts quickly enough.

Hope that helps...
                        Main Event Entertainment

Comment

what is the part number for the 1 amp circuit breaker you are order from allied?

Comment

http://www.alliedelec.com/Catalog/In...d=11BC2A9ECAF2

Link to the site. I don't have the exact number Brunsarious (JBEES) uses, but you can scroll thru until he gets you the part number.

And some use this:

http://www.digikey.com/product-detai...PB184-ND/45060
                            jonesborobowl.com

Comment

Here's the 1 Amp breaker number I found. W28-XT1A-1
                              This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse