Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cross conveyor belts

Anybody know the adjustment to move pins smoothly?
    I've been having a problem on a lane where the belt was slipping, also a couple pins would stop the 10 side belt completely. I can put my hand on the belts and stop it also.
    I then put new pulleys and belts on. I can still stop the belt by hand but now I see that when a pin waits for the turret to go to an opening the pin moves slow and almost needs a push.
    Any adjustments I need to look at? Just wanting to learn the correct procedure.
    Thanks

You obviously don't have the tension pulleys for these belts, like I do on most of my lanes.
    What you will have to do is loosen the bolts under the cross conveyor tail pulleys, pull back on the pulleys and re-tighten the bolts to put proper tension on the belts.
    You don't have to be crazy to do this job...But it helps!

Comment

At the bottom of the cross conveyor are tow bolts that hold the rear housing pulley assembly to the cross conveyor. If you look from the bottom up...you will see these two bolts. A 1/2" wrench will fit these bolts. Loosen the bolts about 1 full turn. This should allow you to move the assembly as it pivots on the brace of the elevator. I use a set of slip joint pliers and grab one of the bolts with one jaw and the back of the cross conveyor frame at the rear with the other jaw. Then...squeeze...until the belts are snug. Tighten the one bolt you do not have a hold of with your pliers and then tighten the other bolt after removing the pliers. That should keep the belts tensioned properly.

Last edited by Steve Stafford (JBEES); 09-04-2013, 06:39 PM.
      TSM & TSM Training Development
      Main Event Entertainment
      480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Stafford (JBEES) View Post
        At the bottom of the cross conveyor are tow bolts that hold the rear housing pulley assembly to the cross conveyor. If you look from the bottom up...you will see these two bolts. A 1/2" wrench will fit these bolts. Loosen the bolts about 1 full turn. This should allow you to move the assembly as it pivots on the brace of the elevator. I use a set of slip joint pliers and grab one of the bolts with one jaw and the back of the cross conveyor frame at the rear with the other jaw. Then...squeeze...until the belts are snug. Tighten the one bolt you do not have a hold of with your pliers and then tighten the other bolt after removing the pliers. That should keep the belts tensioned properly.
        Yea I usually pull back on the cross conveyor housing till the belts are tight then tighten the bolts.
        How tight should the belts be? Is there a gap preference from the bottom of the belt to the cross conveyor on top of conveyor?

Comment

Originally posted by Knowledge_is_key View Post
          Is there a gap preference from the bottom of the belt to the cross conveyor on top of conveyor?
          Nope...but I tighten them until the belts are "snug". I reach up to about the middle of the belts (about at the rear cross member tube) and push up on the belts. If I can push up more than an inch...it is still loose. Just my way of doing this adjustment...others may have a better way.
          TSM & TSM Training Development
          Main Event Entertainment
          480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse