Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planning An Electrical Box Rebuild

So I'm planning an A2 electrical box rebuild with some heavy duty customizations. I plan to make my schematics and renders public eventually and perhaps even write a manual for the process.

Please feel free to post ideas and suggestions, and to critique my designs.

In the meantime here's a teaser, my first render of the roughed out box...

First_Box_Render.jpeg

im already excited to see the end result!
    jsebeny1980@gmail.com | jsebeny <--YouTube | Cell: 309-275-2453

Comment

You should have a barrier between the high voltage side and the low voltage side. Why did you remove it? Just curious if you have something in mind.
      TSM & TSM Training Development
      Main Event Entertainment
      480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Actually, most of our boxes don't have the barrier at all. I couldn't tell you why though. It seems to me that German machines were just built that way, without the barrier. At my center lanes 1 through 16 are German and 17 through 20 are Japanese, and the Japs do have the barrier.

I'll snap a few photos tonight during league to show the world the horror that is our electrical boxes...

Comment

The one thing I dislike about the German boxes is the teeny tiny terminal strip.
          Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
          Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
          Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
          Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

My boss and I are doing 40-plus lanes of box and channel rebuilds in the Fox Valley right now, and I'm kind of curious to see your design. We're replacing most of the wiring, removing the counter switches, and doing 1A breakers, cube relays, time delay rebuilds, silicon rectifiers, and doing away with the few older contactors that we still have. We may have to plan a road trip down your way to check out the "heavy duty" rebuild.

One suggestion that I would make is to make a setup like we have if you're planning on doing the rebuilds . We built a base out of 2x4s that sits on top of a cabinet. The box lays on top of that, allowing the cords and whatnot to stick out the bottom. I mounted a u-bolt to the side of it so if you need to get at the bottom of the channel, you can just tip it back onto that bolt. Nut goes on top of that, and your box won't tip over while you're working on it.

We just happened to have a 208 outlet right next to that. A deck light fixture got mounted on the wall above it, as did a pair of ball lights. When you get done with the rebuild, plug in the single cannon plug, deck light, and power cord, and try it out. Oh yeah, there's a solenoid and mag clutch mounted on the side of the bench too. It takes all of about two minutes to wire it up, test it out, and make sure nothing goes BOOM. (To date, nothing has gone boom.) Our setup isn't all polished and pretty, but it makes life way easier when you're doing box rebuilds en masse.

Comment

Originally posted by thebuch View Post
              My boss and I are doing 40-plus lanes of box and channel rebuilds in the Fox Valley right now, and I'm kind of curious to see your design. We're replacing most of the wiring, removing the counter switches, and doing 1A breakers, cube relays, time delay rebuilds, silicon rectifiers, and doing away with the few older contactors that we still have. We may have to plan a road trip down your way to check out the "heavy duty" rebuild.

One suggestion that I would make is to make a setup like we have if you're planning on doing the rebuilds . We built a base out of 2x4s that sits on top of a cabinet. The box lays on top of that, allowing the cords and whatnot to stick out the bottom. I mounted a u-bolt to the side of it so if you need to get at the bottom of the channel, you can just tip it back onto that bolt. Nut goes on top of that, and your box won't tip over while you're working on it.

We just happened to have a 208 outlet right next to that. A deck light fixture got mounted on the wall above it, as did a pair of ball lights. When you get done with the rebuild, plug in the single cannon plug, deck light, and power cord, and try it out. Oh yeah, there's a solenoid and mag clutch mounted on the side of the bench too. It takes all of about two minutes to wire it up, test it out, and make sure nothing goes BOOM. (To date, nothing has gone boom.) Our setup isn't all polished and pretty, but it makes life way easier when you're doing box rebuilds en masse.
              That sounds pretty cool,

Any pictures of that set up?
              DO A NEAT CLEAN JOB, AND FIX IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. THE ONLY WAY TO WORK.

Comment

Yeah, I'll get a few of them up here in a few minutes. It's pretty grungy looking like most everything here, but it works. We pretty much just cobbled together some stuff that was laying around.

Comment

A work mate is also great for holding boxes, I will try to find a pic...
                  I found mine at a yard sale for $10.00
                  stabilize box but allows for cables to hang down.
                  Peanut

Comment

S8001882.jpg S8001889.jpg
                    Peanut

Comment

Originally posted by masternut View Post
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]7687[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]7688[/ATTACH]
                      *hands William his wallet* take it ALL and rebuild my electrical boxes
                      jsebeny1980@gmail.com | jsebeny <--YouTube | Cell: 309-275-2453

Comment

do you have a parts list and diagram I want to do mine?

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse