Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4:1 Shaft Replacement

Greetings all. I have an A-2 that has a lot of slack in the 4:1 shaft. I can lift the 4:1 arm up and down over an inch and the rest of the gear linked shafts also move (2:1 and 1:1) Seems to me to be a bad key way in the worm gear/ 4:1 shaft.
    I have looked at the Brunswick book for removal of 4:1 and I wonder if there are any short cuts or easier ways of doing the removal. I am working in the local center as a consultant and temporary mechanic. I have done a lot of repairs on A-2's but never a 4:1.
    Customer wants to run the mach but I advise against it. It seems the detector is off by a tooth which just makes things more complicated.
    Any input is appreciated.
    Kenny M
    Monte Vista, CO

Ross has all the shaft removals in the technical reference forum. I do mine as Ross.
    My father told me to never get old...I should have listened!

Comment

ROSS 4-1 REPLACMENT

LINK

Last edited by wepauls; 01-07-2016, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Thank you!
        KM

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• JacobD
          B.E. Worm Shaft removal
          by JacobD
          I am working on tearing down a backend gearbox for an 82-70, and using it to rebuilding another one. However, I need to remove the worm shaft without damaging it. The rest of...
          12-30-2011, 02:11 PM
          Gearbox Question
          by Guest
          I think I know the awnser to this and am not looking forward to it, it will be my first. Machine is at zero degrees and grab to 4 to 1, everything starts moving - 2 to 1 and the...
          03-14-2002, 07:08 PM
        • Dustinpins
          1:1 shaft removal
          by Dustinpins
          Looks like I may need to replace a 1:1 shaft. I hope it's just a bad key. Does anyone have a simple way to do this. I seen on an old post there was talk of step by step instructions...
          08-09-2014, 09:03 PM
        • Stripperbolt
          Noise from gearbox
          by Stripperbolt
          Hey, guys. I changed a 4:1 today and after we fired up the pinsetter, it began emitting a high-pitched squeal from either the worm shaft or somewhere else. It didn't start until...
          01-26-2013, 04:15 PM
        • theykeeponrunnin
          4-1
          by theykeeponrunnin
          I was wondering one of my machines if the 4-1 is wore or loose or the worm gear wore. When the machine comes back to zero and stops the 4-1 will raise on it's own about an inch....
          04-10-2013, 06:54 PM

Help-broken Part

my crew was clearing a pin jam when the part fell on to the pin-deck. no enough experience to know where this is or what it's called. looking for help so we can order the part...

Qubica VDB Battery Replacement Part 2.

Greeting all.
        I am sharing a link for a video, part 2, on how I replaced the battery in a Qubica VDB unit.
        Thanks for looking.
        Bolton454

Pin Damage

I have GSX pinsetters just over one year old. Just one of my machines is causing this damage to my pins. I have already adjusted the pin deflector boards to cover the bottom bolts...

Making TDM's adjustable.

I have some machines that the time delay cycles like right now when machine is triggered instead of the 3 sec delay. Would like to put in a potentiameter to correct this. Does...

1:1 shaft wear

Hi all....I have a pinsetter that knocks over pins at times when setting new pins. The moving deck shifts very abruptly right around 270 degrees. Instead of a smooth movement,...
        Working...
        X