Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transformer Installation Instructions

Does anyone have the installation instructions for P/N: 12-862164-000 ?

image_6861.jpg
    "Don't expect too much and you'll never be let down..."

Originally posted by RonInFla View Post
    Does anyone have the installation instructions for P/N: 12-862164-000 ?
    Check machine next to it. Did instructions come with it?
    I'm going fishing and camping!

Comment

Have 3 parts and 1 instruction sheet. Missplaced I presume. The new part is color coded. Original is not.

Comment

Brunswick A2 user manual:
        http://www.brunswickbowling.com/downloads/support/BB_Service_Service_Manuals_A2-Service-Manual_12-752828-000.pdf

Manual page 1-82 (page 86 in adobe reader) has the description, and the pages following it have the wiring diagrams for the electrical box for 115/230 volt systems.

Comment

Need to know what the color code is for one side. Old units are marked on the wires. Replacement not so much.20161031_195345.jpg
          20161031_195556.jpg

Comment

So you need the wiring layout for the black wires on the new units?
            What voltage does your machines run at?

They *should* be labeled on the black wires in white lettering, really small numbers.

If not, flip both transformers over to the bottom and compare where the wires come out of the windings. Mark them as closely as you can, then grab a multi meter. Set it to a continuity test (if you don't have that, you can use ohms and check resistance).

H1 and H2 will show a closed/low resistance to each other, H1/2 to any other leads will show open/infinite resistance.
            H3, H4, and H5 will all show closed connections or low resistance to each other.

Using the ohm setting for resistance, H3 to H4 will show a larger resistance as compared to H4 to H5.
            H3 to H5 will show the largest resistance value, which will be close to the H3/4 + H4/5.

Please keep in mind that these values are while the transformer is not connected to anything!

Comment

All the H wiring is marked. That's an easy match, the opposite side not so much. If you look at the pic, the winding is covered. When I dig a little deeper. I find that the wires aren't visible coming out of the winding. There's solder tabs arranged at the edge of the winding, so I can't follow them in.

Comment

Originally posted by RonInFla View Post
                All the H wiring is marked. That's an easy match, the opposite side not so much. If you look at the pic, the winding is covered. When I dig a little deeper. I find that the wires aren't visible coming out of the winding. There's solder tabs arranged at the edge of the winding, so I can't follow them in.
                You're right, I haven't seen a transformer like the one already installed. Interesting.

Just trace where the wire from the transformer goes to and then reference the schematic to figure out what the color should be.

Attached is a 230 volt schematic with the wires you should check, colored in.
                A2 elec.jpg

The wire going up to the fuse in the upper right corner is your yellow.
                The one going to TS2-6 is your blue (kinda looks green)
                Orange is taped/capped off.
                The final wire going to TS2-4 is the tan.

If you have a 208 or 115 volt system, you'll need to check the manual for the correct schematic..

Comment

From what I see in the picture of the transformer, and the grey wire around it, I would say it is a Jap electrical box.
                  Doesn't really make a difference in wiring in a new transformer, just an observation.

Now that I think about it, it would make a difference because on the Jap machines the deck light was wired to one of the connections on the high voltage side of the transformer. So in wiring in a new "Universal" transformer the wires for the deck light would have to be moved so that one wire is connected to one of the points on the motor contactor and the other to either F or G on terminal strip 1 along with H2 or H3.
                  Last edited by cuda96; 11-03-2016, 09:59 AM. Reason: New thought
                  You don't have to be crazy to do this job...But it helps!

Comment

COBALT TO THE RESCUE !!!

That's exactly what I needed !!
                    It's like trying to put a Ford wheel on a Toyota...
                    Our pit lite is wired thru a relay (115) which energizes the motor relay (230)...Dr. Frankenstein would be scratching his head...

Thank You !!

Comment

Awesome, glad I could help.

I have a strong background in electronics, so I try to put that to use wherever I can. Feel free to ask if you need anything else.

Comment

For reference.
                        A2 230 primary.jpg

A2 230 primary pit light.jpg
                        Last edited by Cobalt; 11-17-2016, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse