Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cross conveyor drive belts

I go to put a round cross drive belt on lane 10 and it's a royal b____ to get it on!It's like the belt is short or ??.I adjust the idlers and loosen the cross conveyor belts with no help,still very tight.I look at the other lanes and notice that most don't have the round belt on the idler arm that pulls up on the belt and those other belts are also tight except for the the nylon belts.What's the deal here?I measured the round drive pulley and it's the 3.05" style.,do i need to replace these pullies?I hate the nylon belts since they break too easy.Never have i run into something like this on American machines,i have the Jap A-2's.Had to finally use a screwdriver to help get the frigging belt on which i didn't like doing.It took about 20 minutes of messing around with this and that to put one round belt on which is unacceptable to me.,something has to change.

Re: cross conveyor drive belts

Nighthawk
    I believe that Jap A-2's use the V-belt for the cross conveyor drive. Don't have the part # with me, but can get it later for you.
    Jim H

Comment

Nighthawk,

I have 24 Japanese A2's and 8 converted A2's and the converted machines have the round pulleys and the Japanese are equiped with the V pulleys . You should be able to loosen the pulleys ( V OR round) which are clamped with a U bolt to the frame of the A/P to install the replacement belt with ease .

Comment

Tried moving the pullies clamped to the frame with that u-bolt with no effect which made no sense,ya think it would adjust just fine.
        I'll have to go look at things again but after i replace a broken cross conveyor on lane 10 and replace a deck stabilizer that is totally shot on lane 11.
        The list goes on and on!!
        [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

Nighthawk,

I have sometimes found it necessary to drop the CC drive idlers below the centerline of the motor mount. In some cases, I've found that the last bit of slack I need can be had in this way. They can be positioned pretty low while still preventing the belt from rubbing the motor mount.

Comment

I had this problem recently and the problem was a bad batch of belts from Brunswick. They made them too short, but I was able to use them until I got replacements. You shouldn't have to go to any hassle putting on these Cross Drive belts. You should alert your distributor and have them replaced, or go somewhere else.

Comment

I have 40 lanes & all Jap. We use the v belts. Here is the part # 10-635309

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse