Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bypass Switch

Does anyone know where there is a wiring diagram for the bypass switch in the rear of the wire channel next to the mechanics switch?

Thanks.

Re: Bypass Switch

What do you need to know...
    TSM & TSM Training Development
    Main Event Entertainment
    480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Steve: I'm having an electrical problem with a machine. The pinsetter stays on if a jam switch opens, or the mask unit plug is unplugged, or the managers connector is unplugged. All the wires appear correct on TS-2, and the motor start relay is OK, in fact you can feel the coil on the relay still energized with one of the switches disconnected. Also the pinsetter turns off normally with the scorer, and the mechanics switch. I took apart the bypass switch on the rear of the wire channel, and its a total birdsnest. I need to rip it out and start over again and at least eliminate it. But with 20 years of manual gathering, I can't anything on the wiring of that switch. I could look at another machine, but I want to try and find something in writing. By the way, I have disconnected the deck jam, and turret jam switch wires from TS-2 with no luck.

Comment

Sal:
        The center switch on the rear of channel, was not originally a front desk bypass. It was intended as a mechanics warning switch. Someone has wired it into the control circuit as a bypass, only wired it incorrectly. It should be placed only in front of managers switch, and not the other four.
        Use the diagrams to figure what was done.
        Roscoe.
        rfm

Comment

Sal,
          The switch you have now should not be wired into the machine at all...it went to a 4 position cannon plug on the top of the electrical box. What that was wired to, I've never seen. Mine have been cut out before I got here. Roscoe would know better than I on that part. The 4 wires coming up from the switch can be used to tie in a mechanics on/off switch. All you need to do is tap into the wire that runs between the Managers control cannon plug and the masking unit cannon plug. The wire is attached to the "B" point on both plugs. I use a T-tap connector to grab that wire. Grainger part number 4YT71. The other wire you need is the wire that runs between the "A" point of the Managers control cannon plug and the motor start relay. This can be done the same way with a T-tap connector. Be sure you use two wires from the switch that are connected to a common and a normally open side of the switch. Cut the other two wires off and discard them. I actually discard the entire switch and use a simple toggle switch. If you have any more questions or problems...feel free to ask or call me. 480-620-6758 (cell)
          TSM & TSM Training Development
          Main Event Entertainment
          480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

The center switch was originally used/intended for a trouble light system. I once worked in a center that had the trouble system. I believe I saw a reference to it in the old red parts catalog, but I'd have to look to make sure.

As far as your problem, try disassembling the male cannon connectors(3 & 5 pin) and look for pieces of metal. I recently had a male cannon connector that had a small piece broken off inside, and was causing a intermittent low voltage short. The problem was in the 5 pin connector and was manifesting itself in a problem 2 lanes away.

While you are at it, check the wires from your deck jam, turret jam, 1 & 2 ball light and counter microswitch where they connect at TS2. I don't know how old your machines are, but mine are 40 years old, and the insulation on these wires is suffering from dry rot. I have found wires that have no insulation at all because they are just so damned old.

Good Luck
            Idiocracy

Comment

Steve:
              That center switch was utilized in the days of scoring consoles. The console had a red light on the top center and when the mechanic was working on that lane, he would put the switch in the red light mode, and when finished, would turn it off. Thus the reason for dpdt switches in that position.
              rfm

Comment

Gawron:
                Didn't mean to step on your explanation, I just didn't read all the posts. My apoligies.
                Roscoe
                rfm

Comment

Steve, I think it's B and C on the managers control cannon plug that you want to parallel. A and B is in the circuit on the mask plug.
                  This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse