Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OTIS "A"

I'd like to see movies or at least pics or a manual of the Brunswick model A pinsetters first built by Otis Elevator- where can I find these? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Re: OTIS "A"

My center...they look very similar to any other A or converted A-2, except they have this ugly army green paint and the electrical boxes face forward instead of rearward. I will snap a few and post if you would like...although mine have been converted to A-2's. Actually, there are some pics already on here, but they too have been coverted. Look here...

<a href="http://www.bowltech.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=001253;p=2#0000 44" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.bowltech.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=001253;p=2#0000 44" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.bowltech.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=001253;p=2#0000 44" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.bowltech.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=001253;p=2#0000 44" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.bowltech.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=001253;p=2#0000 44" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.bowltech.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=001253;p=2#0000 44" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.bowltech.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=001253;p=2#0000 44" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.bowltech.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=001253;p=2#0000 44" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.bowltech.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=001253;p=2#0000 44" target="_blank">http://www.bowltech.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=001253;p=2#0000 44</a></a></a></a></a></a></a></a></a>

Those are made by Otis...
    TSM & TSM Training Development
    Main Event Entertainment
    480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

What serial number did the otis machines end at? Not doubting you, Steve, but mine were "green meanies", yet have the electrical box facing rearward ... 20,0xx's

Kevin
      Find it http://www.bowltech.com/content/btub...141#Post266141

Comment

KL Kevin-- check the serial number table posted on this site somewhere... I believe that Brunswick started the s/n for machines built in Michigan at 10,000. Anything lower than that were Otis A's.
        The long term cost of inaction is greater than the percieved short term convenience.

Comment

You know what-- i've been corrected. Sorry for the wrong info...

quote:
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Originally posted by mwclax:
          I've got a few pinsetters stored that are 40,000 series. I've never seen or heard of another 40,000 series machine. These machines came out of Niagra Falls, Canada and are Canadian built.
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's very interesting due to the fact that Ottis stopped at 39500 and Brunswick began at 50000. Maybe that is where the missing 10500 machine numbers went. CANADA...buried in a glacier somewhere...lol

Does anybody know what the first Japanese numbers were? I have heard they made 250000 machines over there...anybody have any interesting numbers on Japanese machines?

[ October 16, 2003, 02:24 AM: Message edited by: JBEES ]

--------------------
          Just my two cents worth...

Steve
          The long term cost of inaction is greater than the percieved short term convenience.

Comment

Actually...I have some material that states that everything below 50000 was made by Otis...?? Regardless of direction of electrical box. Anybody else have any info like that? I know that some 40000 are from Germany. My records show up to 39500 were made by Otis...but maybe the other numbers 39501-50000 were allocated to other countrys that were making them...except Japan. Now the plot is getting thicker...so when did Otis really stop making them?

My guess at this point would be 39500. This would have been around September of 1960. Muskegon starting producing machines in November 1959 using serial numbers 50001 and up. Anybody out there with 50001 and up? What color are they. My guess would be anything above 50000 are going to be grey and anything below 39501 will be green. The others are up for grabs...but I've seen some 40000 that are grey.
            Main Event Entertainment

Comment

Work at a center and still is open and the numbers on them are 2000 series and they are green.But no info on them.

Comment

Look in the managers control juntion box on the curtain wall(gang of 8). On the Otis machines, the wiring diagram inside the juntion box will have the "OTIS ELEVATOR" name and address. Of course this is only true if someone hasn't removed it.
                BEER: It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Comment

I've got 16 lanes of serial numbers between 50165 and 50239, and there definetly green, got 2 machines in the 45000 which are grey will have to look and see where they were manufactured and 2 machines in the 16000 range which are definetly grey but you can see they were recently sprayed grey.

Comment

headpin...Were your 50000's made in Muskegon? This is really getting interesting. Any of you guys that just visit and read posts...we wouldn't mind if you look at your machines...get your serial numbers, read on the cross conveyor plate for the manufacturers location and give us a post stating above info and the color of your machines. We might find some interesting facts...
                    Main Event Entertainment

Comment

Have green machines in the 10,000 series with the control box forward, and some green machines in the 38,000 series with the control box pointing back.

All machines say Brunswick-Balke-Collender Co.
                      Made in Chicago, USA

Comment

One center here has 71000 and 78000 serial numbers and they are all grey...and the tags still say that they were made in Chicago. So we have narrowed down the switch to grey to somewhere between 50239 and 71000 or so. Anybody else with some numbers??
                        Main Event Entertainment

Comment

Checked the 45000 series machines both built in surprise surprise Germany.....Steve will check on those 50000 series and post tomorrow for you.

Comment

OK, We are testing my memory.
                            In 1960 we opened a 24 lane house with green machines. Later conv.A-2
                            In 1964 we opened another 24 lane house. 1-8 converted A-2's, green
                            ser.# in the 500's. 9-24 were U.S. factory A-2's. grey.
                            Then in the 70's we added 25-36
                            Jap factory A-2's. And 37-40 was 4 machines that came out of Chicago with ser #'s like 103, 104,
                            Not sure what the other 2 were.
                            They were 110 volt machines. changed them over to 230 volt.
                            Replaced all the cast iorn rollers with urithane rollers. Accel, etc.
                            One day I noticed a scatch on the turret suport frame. Did some more scatching of my own, and found a complete suport frame made out of solid brass. I keep thinking about making the 250 mile trip down to see if it is still there. (24years)
                            Sorry for the long post,
                            Marv
                            77 E-250 4x4 van

Comment

Opened a center in 1987. Had some 29,000 series machine which were green. Also had some 59,000 series machine which were gray.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse