Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Volt

Having trouble with MP Chassis H/V. checked J-Strip, swapped chassis with a different machine. went thru the combo motor staters and wiring to J-Strip. cant seem to get a pattern out of the times when it happens. any ideas would be very welcome. thanks

You're going to need to be a bit more specific about what the problem is you are seeing
    Regards,

Billy T
    bthompson@qubicaamf.us

Comment

Billy is right. There isn't enough information there. By MP Chassis, do you mean one of the newer style enclosed chassis? Or a regular chassis that has had a PC Board installed on it? And what High Voltage problem are you having? What is the machine not doing that it is supposed to be doing? Just nothing will run or turn on? You said "when it happens" but didn't say what "it" is. The more detailed explanation the better.

Louie
      Experience: Currently Help Maintain 44 82-30s and 50 82-70s.

Comment

sorry about that it is a newer zot chassis with the 12 LED lights. it is not going from ball 2 to ball 1 so when a ball is thrown machine will not cycle. yet it will start feeding pins. it will also some times not go from ball 1 to ball 2 so after you throw the first ball it will not cycle. it will also just Black Out not as often but it will do it. last night we noticed that it did it more often when league started but got less frequent as league got to 3rd game. about every 15 minutes at first and an hour in between last stop. it was a 5 man league so about 3 hrs

Comment

So, if the machine is on 2nd Ball, the bowler throws the ball and machine doesn't do anything? Table and Sweep never move but it starts feeding pins? Is that right? And when it happens on 1st Ball, bowler throws the ball and nothing happens at all? How do you get it going again? Just push the cycle button?

Comment

yes this is what is happening. to correct the problem we press the ball 1-2 button on chassis and the light on chassis will go from ball 1 to ball 2 or vice versa this will remove the H/V and then we cycle and it works again for a while.

Comment

Hmm, well I have no experience with Zot Chassis. I don't even know what the H/V light means when it comes on? When searching online all I found is another topic in this forum from 2 years ago that you posted about the same problem. Did you figure anything out 2 years ago or is this still the same problem as you were having then? Doesn't sound like any problem I've ever heard of with a regular chassis so it must be something that the Zot chassis doesn't like. Is it only on one lane? You might want to contact Zot if you haven't already and see if they have any more information on what would turn the H/V light on? If it means high voltage problem, maybe check your main machine power plug and make sure there's no loose connection inside that? I'm just guessing. Good luck!

Comment

switch chassis with lane next to it .see if it stays with machine.sometimes they will pick up high voltage from sweep or table motor

Comment

ok thanks. yes we had this problem a couple of years ago. we think it was static electricity from bounce plate not being grounded. we still get occasional H/Vs but not to this degree. we have changed chassis and problem is still there. we do have H/V's on 2 other machines. but it may only happen once or twice a week.

Comment

i have 8270s and some chassis are more sensitive .and the older they get it seems i have more issues.i have ultra 98 plus and still going other than some new fuse holders,and acouple of repair jobs from zot

Comment

looks like we got it weak stater cleaned up along with new wiring working good now. thanks guys!!

Comment

I have done quite a few of these. One of the main problems with these chassis is the J strip board isn't 'beefy' enough where the terminals are soldered to the board - they get hot and start to lose contact. They have other problems too due to what I'll call weak traces and connections. They aren't fun to work on, but if you need someone to look at it or repair it, I'm cheaper than Zot.
                        I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

thanks wb8yjf. we have lots of issues with Zot and the turn around is horrible. we still have a chassis that has been there since last fall.

Comment

wb8yjf i would love to send you a chassis or 2 to have you look at them.

Comment

Originally posted by ryan300idaho View Post
                              wb8yjf i would love to send you a chassis or 2 to have you look at them.
                              Sounds good to me! I'll send you a PM.

Well, crap - I can't seem to figure out how to send you a PM now! WTH?

Anywho, my email is: wb8yjf@sbcglobal.net - send me an email and I'll send you the info.
                              Last edited by wb8yjf; 04-05-2017, 05:07 PM.
                              I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

phoenix rebuild

phoenix lane machine we got from another of our centers
                              seems like pms were not done in a long time
                              and these are just some of the pics

Ball accelerator

Hello, would this crack in the accelerator motor cause an issue. It's brand new and have one on the way but, it won't be here until next week. I have a pair down due to the motor...

Testing Link Belting "PowerTwist Drive"

Recently got my hands onto some meters of these: http://www.fennerdrives.com/powertwi...Drive-A/13/4L/

At first let me tell you that they are pretty sturdy and very...

Ion buffer brush

Have Kegel ion model B. Noticed the buffer brush rubbing up against the felt that's attached to the oil transfer assembly (the "door" you open to fill the tanks). This...

Preventative Maintenace - Brunswick A, Jets, A2 - Slow Machine - Semi Creepy Speed

I really liked the slower speed of Masternut but decided to go a little faster, (the M2SC Conversion - Mickey Mouse Semi Creepy Conversion LOL). Looking at the video on the...
                              Working...
                              X