Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ryan300idaho View Post
    hey guys. ive been a mechanic for about 2 years now. ive taken apart multiple gearboxes that are too loose. but i cant find the shims anywhere. i dont know what they look like or where they are located in the gearbox. if i could get pictures and a description that would be a huge help. thank you ... btw my name is Brandon
    Hey Brandon,

Jeff here and Been at it about 18 years here.
    I'm not back in until after Christmas but I'll get a picture for you then if no one beat me to it. The shims go between the actual housing and the sides under the 4 inner bolts and the outside ones as well. I was told to tighten up you want the shims removed.
    ​​​​​​They are just a circle of thin metal or fiber with the 4 bolt holes in them.

Comment

Originally posted by ryan300idaho View Post
      hey guys. ive been a mechanic for about 2 years now. ive taken apart multiple gearboxes that are too loose. but i cant find the shims anywhere. i dont know what they look like or where they are located in the gearbox. if i could get pictures and a description that would be a huge help. thank you ... btw my name is Brandon
      Just adding pictures. They are various thickness, and actually have a gear box apart that the bolt holes broke off of so you can see where they go.

Comment

thank you for the response. that answers my question. -brandon

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse