Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adjusting pin cups

Im the mechanic for orchards lanes in lewiston idaho. we just rotated out our pins and we have had an increase in pins falling while setting a new deck. i know that when this is done that the cups need to be adjusted. but in the books ive got it, doesnt say how far, or the correct width that the cups need to be adjusted for the pins. is there a rule of thumb, or a way to measure the adjustments for the width of the cups. thank you .

So the width of the cups at the bottom of the cup on a 82/70 is 4-1/8 inch. I know you have 30's and its been a very long time since i worked on a 30. BUT MAYBE IT might give you a starting point.

Comment

Main thing is to make sure the rubber grommets on both the inside and outside of the cup halves and the thru bolts are in place and the thru bolts are snug. Cups will spread if the bolts are loose or missing and cause the pin to fall forward as it reaches the deck. With the washers there and in good shape, the spacing of the cup should be fine.

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse