Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6525 CHASSIS ?

I have a 6525 chassis with Omega Tek board, replaced the CR2 & CR3 now i have no power to board or backend motor. i can run the sweep and the table. any ideas ?
    "I used to be somebody, just can't remember who that is"

Sounds like you may have gotten one of the wires left out or in the wrong spot when putting the new CR2 & CR3 on?? Depending on how the chassis is wired, sometimes the main power wire going to the transformers may come from the sweep or table contactor.

If you explain exactly what works and what doesn't it may be easier to narrow down. How are you running the sweep and table? With the cam followers or by actuating the CR2/CR3 contactors manually? Is the pit light on? Is CR1 energized? If you have no power to CR1 it may be that the T2 transformer isn't getting power. You may have to check the wires going to the T2 primary coil and make sure they are getting power.

Also, did you check the J-Strip in the J-Box after putting the chassis in the machine? If you have the gold J-Strip terminals sometimes they can push out when you put a chassis in which can cause weird problems. If you have the silver terminals, those usually don't cause problems.
    Experience: Currently Help Maintain 44 82-30s and 50 82-70s.

Comment

i am running the CR2/CR3 contactors manually. no pit light, cr1 not energized. this issue is just with this chassis, other chassis work

Comment

Ok, sounds like a T2 transformer problem (T2 is the smaller of the 2 transformers in the chassis). It's either not getting power or it is bad. T2 is what provides power for the manager's control circuit which is what energizes CR1. Trace the 2 wires from the T2 Primary coil and see if they are hooked up the same as a chassis that works. (The side of the transformer that has just 2 terminals is the primary side. The side with 3 terminals is the secondary side).

Comment

ok I checked the wires from T2 and they are hooked up the same. i did check and i have power to the CR1 RELAY, just doesn't activate.

Comment

When you say you have power to CR1, do you mean low voltage on one of the coil terminals or high voltage to the terminals on the back of it? You should always have high voltage there. Power to the coil is important part here.

If you have power to the CR1 coil then either it is not getting a ground or the relay itself is bad. To test the relay you can try to ground the side of the coil that doesn't have power with a small screwdriver or something and see if it turns on (as it should). If it does turn on then you must have a problem in the manager's control circuit in the chassis. If it doesn't turn on, then the coil is probably bad. I don't know how changing the CR2/CR3 contactors could cause this problem though. That is kind of strange.

Comment

thank you for your help. i fixed it. the problem was the new relay(cr1) had a different wire connections. the new sealed relay had the connections to the coil on the bottom not the middle like the original style

Comment

Ah ok, that explains it. Didn't know you changed CR1 also. Glad you got it figured out.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse