Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Table Solenoid Will Not Activate

After strike or spare the table solenoid will not activate to set new rack. Have 6525 chassis w/ MK30 expanders. The stepper will count up to 5 then go to c. The sweep will sweep pins then will wait for new rack which never comes on spares. On strikes it will cycle thru showing strike indicator and will also stop to wait for rack that never comes. Solenoid check (good), no broken wires on PR2 nothing welded together, distributor switch check (good) wires (good). Not much experience with MK30 expanders. Just swithched to these over the summer with accuscore1. Need help on this one.

Re: Table Solenoid Will Not Activate

Is there sufficient gap between the stop bolt and latch?

Is the table gearbox coasting?

Check the pillow blocks on the gear train side.

Comment

If however the solutions suggested by King were not good, have test yourself with another 6525 chassis OK ?

Bruno.
      82/30' S and me, it is a long story

Comment

so are you getting dry spots? or does the table just not even run to set the new pins? should have nothing to do with the expander. if your getting dry spots, i would check everything king said, but if not , check the TA's . does it do it every time or just now and again? more info please.
        Russ

Comment

more info will b good but start with swapping the chassis with another lane and still giving problems cheak the ta cam and see if it over runs if ta over runs change the gearbox and stator and survace both if not the spotting sol (s2) is dead or the adustment is out
          Respect is not given freely
          it must be <span style="font-weight: bold">EARNED </span>

Comment

are you getting 20 pin feeds with a empty deck? or are you getting a sweep at second guard waiting for pins? answering these will help narrow down the problem.
            Russ

Comment

Did the SW#4 get damaged?
              &quot;Gun control is the policy of tyrants&quot;
              Rep. Rob Bishop (R-UT)

Comment

I agree with amfpinboy, it sounds too simple but could SW4 (7 pin switch) be out of adjustment?

Comment

he said in his first post that he checked that switch out already, and it is good, or i would assume thats what he means by distributor switch. that would most definately be the most obvious, and easiest problem to fix though. hey sarge you really need to chime back in here and let us know whats going on. later.
                  Russ

Comment

Sorry, I didn't reply sooner but I took all of your suggestions and went thru the check list. I ended up replacing the whole line from the cross member to SW4. Evidently a pin must have smashed the wires in the coax and they were energizing and deenergizing as the distributor was moving. When it would get to the seven pin spot it wouldn't signal it was in the correct position to set the pins. Thanks King, Bruno, Rocker, Rd, and Dragon for getting me straight.

Comment

glad to hear you got it fixed. i hate to say this, but i was glad someone finally posted a problem with a 30. its been a while since there has been any 30 troubles. i guess that just goes to show how superior the 30 is to any other machine. we should all thank are lucky stars that we work on 30's. later guys.
                      Russ

Comment

It's sad to say but I think you don't see a lot of 30's problems is because there isn't a lot of 30's left in service. The last house with 30's in my area replaced them with 70's a couple of years ago. I would venture to say what is left out there is /was the cream of the crop. The first center I work for sent the 30's to the junk yard after 17yrs.
                        People tell me I'm indecisive, but I just don't know...

Comment

There's still quite a few around. I'm replacing scoring in a 24 lane house now (New England). In Indy, 2 really busy houses (a 46 lane & a 48 lane) are 30s.
                          Have to admit though, I'm taking out 8 and putting in some 70's soon in Indiana.
                          This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

i dont think i could ever get myself to pull out the 30's to put in 70's, maybe 90's, but definately not 70's. all the 70's i have seen didn't impress me at all. as a matter of fact the nebraska state tourney was held in 2 different centers, one with 30's, the other with 70's, and the 30's house ran 5 times better than the 70's house. but from what i hear they are pulling out the 16 30's this summer and putting in 70's, thats to bad.
                            Russ

Comment

I like the 30's. Mechanically pretty sound. Just to think of all the engineering that went into these machines to get them to perform the way they do for that time was quite a feat. Some of the other centers around here think we're crazy to overhaul our 30's. But they've been here since '59. But I think a little TLC and updating here and there, They'll work just fine.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse