Collapse

Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The video done by George was shot at the AMF Castle Hill bowl in Sydney on the day it re-opened. I have spoken to the guys who installed the machines and they told me that the strings had not been adjusted at that stage after install and also there were some timing parameters that had to be set. Initial word was that George had done this video as a service to the industry as he was in Sydney having just competed in the Australian National I believe but rumor has it that AMF asked George to do it. Again I emphasize that this is a rumor so please don't quote me on it. I will be in Sydney next month doing the kickback install at AMF's North Strathfield centre in preparation for their TMS machines so I hope to get to Castle Hill and see how their machines are running after 3 months operation.
    Regards,

Len.

Comment

Here’s a question - in the US are string machines acceptable for USBC sanctioned tournament or league play?

Comment

Not yet but I don't think it will be long before they are.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• JerryL
          What pins to buy
          by JerryL
          I have 2.5 year old BMax glow pins. They look terrible, scratches, worn cover, damaged heads. We have fixed or improved the machines to be nicer to the pins since we bought the...
          04-14-2009, 11:26 AM
        • Bruns-man20
          Pin Rotation
          by Bruns-man20
          I currently work for a company that does not rotate their bowling pins. They use the same set until the pins literally fall apart then buy a new set. I was always under the...
          05-08-2000, 09:52 PM
        • nighthawk
          Clear coated pins
          by nighthawk
          I have a pin w/o the coating,but it has the logo's.It has a clear coating over the wood that really makes the pin looks great! Does anyone know of where i can get just plain pins(new)...
          08-16-2001, 04:20 PM
        • GameSetter-X
          Painting of pins
          by GameSetter-X
          So we have a 16 lane house, and next week for an event, someone had the bright idea of using a yellow pin as part of prizes to be won during games of bowling. If the yellow pin...
          05-15-2015, 06:16 PM
        • Pietenpol
          Pin differences
          by Pietenpol
          The owner asked me the other day if I knew of any major differences between AMF and Bruswick pins. He is buying some new brunswicks and was wondering about adjustments to the...
          01-09-2012, 07:44 PM

Preventative Maintenance - A Jets A2 - Elevator & Pits

All this work just to clean under the elevator !!??? LOL A friend is replacing a number of his elevators as the left hand triangle plate brackets are breaking. Rather than...

Preventative Maintenance - A Jets A2 - Ball Wheel Belt Question

A friend was looking at his ball wheel belt which stated it was 208" long, (Pic 1). He was pretty sure that it is a B205 belt which should be 205" long. The answer...

MONITOR COLOR ISSUE!!

my appologies if Ive posted this in the wrong area, this is my second post on this site, Ive got a 10 lane center ( 5 pairs ) and on lanes 3&4, I am having a problem with...

Pin spot is off

I'm currently working at a 38 Lane center. Of those 38 lanes only a few are having this issue.

I'm currently trying to get all the lanes to have perfect pin spots...

Idler shaft

One of our lanes has a bad bearing assembly for the distributor pulley. The idler shaft that the pulleys sit on has been damaged where it sits on the bearing. I took the assembly...
        Working...
        X