Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New boss new problems

Our center got taken over recently and the new operator is causing several issues. The biggest one is that he's overly anal about heating the building. He has installed programmable thermostats at the front that shut OFF the furnace's all night and turn on during the day. Consequently when they come on they never shut off as they can't catch up. Somehow he thinks this is saving money?
    However the big problem is that he gets really ticked off, yells and screams about either furnace at the back running at all and has ( more or less) permanent ly shut them down. This results in the temp. At the back being anywhere from 40 to 55 deg.
    Solo the guys at the back working on the A2's have to work on the running machines while wearing all of their outside clothing.
    When asked about it the operator says " well if your cold you aren't working hard enough ".??
    Thoughts?
    "I love my Schutzhund trained German Shepherd's, because if you run from them, you will just die tired"

Sounds like your new boss is a massive a-hole.

Go to his boss, whoever that may be in your center's hierarchy, and start complaining. I can tell you from experience that wearing a jacket and working on an A2 in near freezing weather is difficult and the extra clothes makes it hard to move around in some places.

Comment

Where to start? Well, how about wearing loose clothing on/around an A2? Sounds like a safety issue. And, I see you are in Canada? Shutting heat off at night? Shutting heat off to the back? How long until you start freezing water lines? I've seen sprinkler heads pop from freezing in an unheated room. Good Luck!

Comment

Certainly working in loose, bulky clothing poses a safety issue. Do you ever get condensation forming on step/walkways with those temp swings? Furthermore, I would imagine it will be near impossible to provide consistent lane conditions in an environment with temperature swings that wild in the course of a day. That's assuming you have competitive play. As cobalt mentioned, take the issue up the chain. If they give their blessing to running the place in this fashion, that should tell you all you need to know.

Comment

tinkering with the thermostat more than just a few degrees for overnight operation may well cost you more than you think.
          Howard

Comment

I just see it as the cost of doing business. If you can't provide your mechanic with a reasonable working environment it won't be long until you don't have a mechanic.

Comment

Your new boss sounds extremely under qualified. Where is your nearest clue store? He should go buy one...
              Charley
              82-70's SS Chassis Omega-Tek w/expanders
              2009 Qubica scoring 3QT's and 6 box.

Comment

I can understand trying to save money where it is possible and makes sense to do so
                What I don't understand is how someone who isn't qualified to manage a bowling center got to be there in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by avisitor View Post
                  I can understand trying to save money where it is possible and makes sense to do so
                  What I don't understand is how someone who isn't qualified to manage a bowling center got to be there in the first place.
                  I had the same issue with my last center, which is the reason why I left. That, and i got a much better offer.

Comment

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

phoenix rebuild

phoenix lane machine we got from another of our centers
                  seems like pms were not done in a long time
                  and these are just some of the pics

Ball accelerator

Hello, would this crack in the accelerator motor cause an issue. It's brand new and have one on the way but, it won't be here until next week. I have a pair down due to the motor...

Testing Link Belting "PowerTwist Drive"

Recently got my hands onto some meters of these: http://www.fennerdrives.com/powertwi...Drive-A/13/4L/

At first let me tell you that they are pretty sturdy and very...

Ion buffer brush

Have Kegel ion model B. Noticed the buffer brush rubbing up against the felt that's attached to the oil transfer assembly (the "door" you open to fill the tanks). This...

Preventative Maintenace - Brunswick A, Jets, A2 - Slow Machine - Semi Creepy Speed

I really liked the slower speed of Masternut but decided to go a little faster, (the M2SC Conversion - Mickey Mouse Semi Creepy Conversion LOL). Looking at the video on the...
                  Working...
                  X